What does Hacker mean?
• A hacker utilizes alternative system access methods to sabotage
computer systems and networks.
• Hacking actions are differentiated as illegal and unacceptable
(black/grey hat hacking), or legal and acceptable (white hat
EXPLANATION OF HACKERS
• Hacker is a term that refers to many different computing topics.
However, in the mainstream, a hacker is any individual or group that
circumvents security to access unauthorized data.
• Most hackers are highly skilled computer programmers that locate
security gaps and access secure systems via unique analytical skills.
A great hacker is known to be able to "think outside the box."
• Hacker types are delineated according to intent, as follows:
• Black hat hackers break into computer systems illegally and
cause harm by stealing or destroying data, i.e., a banking
system to steal money for personal gain.
• White hat hackers use their skills to help enterprises create
robust computer systems.
• Grey hat hackers perform illegal hacking activities to show off
their skills, rather than to achieve personal gain.
What Are The Effects Of Computer Hacking?
Why Do Hackers Attack Us?
• For some, hacking may just be a hobby to see how many
computers or networks they can crack.
• For others, there is malicious intent behind their escapades,
• Client or customer information or other business data
• Credit card details and social security numbers, for identity
fraud or theft
• Passwords for access to our online bank, ISP or web services
• Email addresses, which may be used for spamming
• Children's names, photographs, ages or other of their
personal details held on the computer