• In the music video for ‘telephone’ there are lots of relationships between the lyrics and the visuals for example the first relationship was when lady gaga was singing “and your not gunna reach my telephone” and then she got out her phone and held it to the camera, I would say that this is illustrating the lyrics.
• Another relationship between the visuals and the lyrics is when beyonce sings “but I am not taking no calls coz’ ill be dancing” and whilst beyonce is singing this in the actual video she is dancing to the music I feel that this also illustrates the lyrics
• In the telephone video there is also relationships between the musicand the visuals for example as in the picture lady gaga pulls out a handsymbol of a gun and points it at the camera whilst the music in thebackground has an ambient sound of a gun trigger again I think themusic illustrates the music or maybe even amplifies it
• Another example of the relationship between the music and visuals is the scene with the choreographed dance moves, as the dance moves match the pace and beat of the music so when one of the dance moves are performed the beat gets abit louder I do think that this illustrates the music also.
• I feel that beyonce and lady gaga’s song ‘telephone’ fits into the pop genre. In pop songs the main performance side of it is singing and dancing with revealing outfits, colourful outfits and scenery they also wear lots of make-up and have all done up perfect hair to make them look pretty and perfect.
• A close up of the main artist lady-gaga as those close- ups will be on demand by the record company to promote the artist further.
• A close up of the other main artist beyonce as again they will be on demand by the record company to promote the artist further.
• The main reference to voyeurism is the security camera as seen below, the security camera is a system of looking in, creating the effect of whose looking at who.
• There are quite a few interstitial references but the main one has to be the ‘pussy wagon’ which has been seen in the film kill bill, another reference I would say is how lady gaga promotes her ‘beats headphones’ within the video