2. Who’s Karlijn?
● Data Science Journalist @DataCamp
● Master’s degrees in Information Management, Literature &
● Worked as a junior big data developer with Scala, Hadoop &
● Love for literature, languages, data science & big data
● … I also love to talk, so please stop me whenever you have
3. DataCamp - Learning By Doing
✓ Interactive learning for R, Python
& Data Science
✓ Over 730,000 learners, 70% working
✓ +1000 business groups
5. Data Science - Useful Links
● Data Science Industry Infographic
● Ba le of the Data Science Venn Diagrams
7. Useful Links
● Khan Academy
● Python Statistics For Data Science Resources
● Statistical Thinking in Python (Part 1)
● Scipy Tutorial: Linear Algebra
● Algorithms with Stanford Unversity
● Machine Learning with Stanford University (Andrew Ng)
● Tom Mitchell, “Machine Learning”
9. Useful Links
● Fundamentals of Computer Science (EdX course)
● End-to-end Development Process (Article)
● Intro to Python for Data Science Course (DataCamp)
23. People To Follow
● DJ Patil, Chief Data Scientist with the White House.
● Gregory Piatetsky, KDnuggets President, #Analytics, #BigData,
#DataMining, #DataScience expert, KDD & SIGKDD co-founder, was Chief
Scientist at 2 startups, part-time philosopher.
● Ben Lorica, Chief Data Scientist @OReillyMedia, Program Director of
@strataconf & @OReillyAI. He is the host of the O’Reilly Data Show podcast.
● Andrew Ng, Chief Scientist of Baidu; Chairman and Co-Founder of Coursera;
Stanford CS faculty.
● As a top Big Data inﬂuencer, Kirk Borne, the Principal Data Scientist at
@BoozAllen, Ph.D. Astrophysicist, ♡ Data Science, is deﬁnitely worth