• A collection of practices, based on beliefs and
teachings that are highly valued or sacred
• Any practice that someone or some group is
seriously devoted to.
• an institution to express belief in a
Monotheistic – The belief that there
is only one god.
Polytheistic – The belief that there are
more than one gods.
Atheistic – The belief in no god.
• Founder: Prophet Muhammad
• Belief in Allah, creator and
sustainer of life.
• To be a Muslim one must accept
and practice the 5 pillars of Islam:
1. Creed – Reciting with belief “There is
not God but Allah, and Muhammad
is his prophet.
2. Prayer – 5 Times a day: before dawn,
midday, midafternoon, sunset, and
3. Charity to the poor – commonly 2.5%
on all that one owns.
4. Fasting during Ramadan – sustaining
from food for a certain period of
5. Pilgrimage to Mecca – journey to the
sacred site at least once in a lifetime.
Secular & agnostic are “views” and not technically religions in themselves. But,
they are often used to describe a person’s thoughts about religion. Whether
that person is religious or not.
For instance: a Buddhist, Christian, and non-religious person may all believe in
Secularity is a concept stating that government or other entities
should exist separately from religion and religious beliefs.
Freedom from religious rule and teachings