Places in Galaţi CountyByMoldoveanu ValentinIlie LaurentiuState Madalina
In this building lived Alexandru Ioan Cuza (the first ruler of the Romanian Principalities) in the period fromMemorial 1844 to 1859, he held the position as president of theHouse of County Judges and Parcalab Covurlui. In 1937 he founded the "Association Cuza Voda", whichAlexandru aimed, among other things, to restore the house andIoan Cuza turn it into a museum. Catherine and Paul Pasa donation teachers constituted the core of the planned exhibitions.Memorial House ofAlexandru IoanCuza is built on theformer home of thechief magistrate ofGalati, representing the family homeof Alexander JohnCuza.
On 24 January 1939the museum opened.Building restorationin 1986 the museumwas closed to thepublic. Since 1995 isknown as the Museum "Casa Cuza Voda" and the May 20, 2004, in a wing of the house, he opened permanent exhibition coins, medals, philately.
Visual Art MuseumOpened in 1967, GalatiVisual Art Museum isthe first museum ofcontemporary art inRomania and has beenspecially designed topresent new trends ofplastic twentiethcentury destinationthat keeps today.The 400 works ondisplay in the museumhalls or in thepark, outdoors, is aselection from a muchwider heritage, often The museum contains a collection belonging to theenriched with a virtual interwar period: Pallady Petrascu, Stefanheritage artists affirmthe past 50 Dumitrescu, Tonitza Dărăscu and Lucian Grigorescu.years, temporary Decorative arts and graphics are well represented in theexhibition in themuseum. museum halls and generally in its heritage.