Step 1 - Create test plan
What are our goals?
How do we measure success?
Who do we test?
Dale Jr. Fanclub Test Goals
1) Homepage gets people interested
2) Homepage encourages people to sign in or
3) Site content is useful to target audience
4) Labels and navigation are clear.
5) Signup is easy
Dale Jr. Fanclub Test Plan
0) Warm up questions
Are you into nascar?
Are you a fan of Dale Jr.?
Have you ever been a part of an online
Would you be interested in a dale jr. fan club?
1) [First Impressions] - show homepage for 10
seconds and remove
What do you remember seeing?
How does it make you feel?
2) [next steps] - Give site back and wait for interaction
What compelled you to go here?
Did you find what you expected?
What were you hoping to find there?
Step 2 - Test the test
Just like your designs, your tests need testing
Step 3 - Recruit!
Can be Intimidating
Be personable, yourself
Don'ts: "We", "test", "survey"
Do's: "I", "help", "opinion"
Step 4 - Doing the test
Make people feel comfortable
Warm up questions
Don't call it a test - "There are no wrong
Say everything you're going to do before
you do it
Get approval for each step
Let people say what they want to say.