Successfully reported this slideshow.
In order to make it
look like Imogen was
fading away on the
poster I had to
manipulate the image
using the adjustment
panel on Photoshop .
Here you can see the
resulting image of the
adjustments I made
and the features I
used in order to do
• To begin with I slightly altered the colour
balance of the image in order to make the
colours look more vivid.
• I done this as the day in which I took this
particular image was quite a dark and
gloomy day meaning the ordinal image
wasn’t as bright and clear as I wanted it to
• The result in this meant I was able to adjust
the exposure of the image without making
her look too transparent against the
• Once I had adjusted the colours I then
slightly changed the curves of the
image in order to brighten the image
and give it the look as though she has
a glow around her .
• I have used this particular feature as I
believe it will help it stand out a bit
more against the background and help
reduce the look of total transparency.
• Lastly I changed the exposure of the
image changing in particular the offset
feature in order to fade out the image
giving it the look as though she is
• I have manipulated my image in this way
in order to reflect the ending of my film.
• To manipulate the background image I used the
black and white feature and adjusted the
• I chose to have my background image black and
white for two reasons one being it links closely
with the flashback scenes in my film and the
other being it helps the main image of Imogen
on the poster to stand out more as it is in colour.
The Final Result