1. Research an area of your choice.
2. Create something to showcase or represent
what you have discovered.
3. Present what you have created to the class.
Q. Can I work with others?
A. You may work alone or with a small group.
• Decide carefully. If you choose a small group, you
will have to compromise with your group and deal
with other personalities.
• If you work alone, you have complete autonomy
but you are responsible for the outcome.
• Is this person a worker or floater?
• Is this person going to keep on track or distract
• This is not about hanging out with friends, but
making something really cool.
Q. How long do I have?
• 2 weeks.
Driving Question focused you
• To keep you
must start with a Driving
• This could be about a
problem that you want to
solve or something that
you want to create.
• For example, how can I
create a top selling
game? Or, how can we
get rid of homework?
• Driving Questions should
not be able to be
answered by googling.
They should require a lot
• You will need to
questions. What do
you want to find
• Think how, what,
where, when, why
There will be 4 checkpoints during Genius
1. Driving Question, planning and research
2. Log check
3. Presentation creation
4. Blog reflection
At the end of Genius
Time you will write a
brief blog post to
evaluate what you
Presentation & Sharing
• In the last week of term you will present your
research and what you have created to the class.
• We will have a shared lunch as a celebration.
• You are welcome to invite family members to this.