A class project on setting up blogs and the etiquette involved in effective blogging. The class work in groups to choose an aspect of blogging to learn about. They then teach the class what they have learnt.
Your Mission1.Your group will choose a topic about anaspect of blogging and your mission is toanswer the questions and then teach theclass what you have learnt.2. You will write 3 types of blogs.
1. Setting up a Blogsites/apps that1. Identify the different blog are available.2. Evaluate which ones would be the best to use and explain why.3. List and explain the steps taken to set up a blog.
2. Personalising1. Identify 3-4 reasons why personalising your blog is effective.2. List 3 ways that this can be done.3. List the steps taken to do each of these.
3. Adding Widgets1. Identify 3 widgets that would be useful to have on your blog.2. Explain why you have chosen each one.3. List the steps taken to add each one to your blog.
4. Linking Others 1. Identify several ways to link others to your blog. 2. Evaluate the best way and explain why you chose this. 3. List the steps taken to link others to your blog.
5. Writing a Blog1. List 3 reasons why people blog.2. Explain why each reason would be a positive for learning.3. List 5 guidelines for writing a good blog.
6. Adding Categories1. Define ‘category’ in the context of blogging.2. Identify 5 examples of categories.3. Explain why adding categories to your blog is recommended.
7. Twitter1. List the steps taken to sign up for Twitter.2. Explain the etiquette needed to use Twitter successfully.3. List examples of positive people to follow.
8. Linking your Wordpress blog to Twitter1. Identify the reasons why you would do this.2. List the steps taken to do this.3. Write a blog and check that it works!
9. Linking Blogger toGoogle+ 1. Identify the reasons why you would do this. 2. List the steps taken to do this. 3. Write a blog and check that it works!
10. Commenting1. Explain why commenting is a key feature of blogging.2. List 5 guidelines for commenting.3. Include 3 examples of good comments.
The 50 WordChallenge Write a positive blog about a topic of your choice using only 50 words.
Opinion BloggingWrite a blog of at least 300 words on one of thefollowing topics:1. Social Media has led to a rise in bullying2. Blogging is a waste of time – no one isinterested in what I have to say!3. Schools should teach digital citizenship.You may agree or disagree with the topic youchoose.
Reflective Blogging 1. List 3 memorable things you learnt. 2. Explain what was important about what you did. 3. Explain where you got most of your information. Be specific. 4. Explain 2-3 ways that you helped your group. 5. Evaluate how well you worked on this task. What did you do well? What could you do better?