• More expensive than other brands.
• Maintained a clean reputation for making
quality ice cream, proven by several awards
given to Arce Dairy.
• Arce Dairy ice cream is scientifically proven
much healthier compared to leading ice cream
• Has variety of unique ice cream flavours not
available in other brands.
• Has very limited advertising/promotion
materials, leading to unpopularity amongst the
• Product is poorly distributed, making it
available to very limited stores and locations.
• Not top of the mind when asked about an ice
• Has a “local” image, therefore viewed as
• Arce Dairy started from three generations.
They produce different variety of flavours
like Mango, Chocolate, Blueberry Cheesecake,
Buko Lechias, Avocado, Quezo Real, Vanilla,
Strawberry, Dark Chocolate, Cheese, Ube,
Almonds and Chips and many more.
Arce Dairy actually has their own
farm where they get most of their
fresh ingredients especially the
“CARABAO MILK” which they use as
base for their ice cream.
ARCE DAIRY ICE CREAM
425 mL ₱ 70.00 (Classic)
₱ 80.00 (Supreme)
750 mL ₱ 120.00 (Classic)
₱ 205.00 (Supreme)
1.5 L ₱228.00 (Classic)
₱408.00 (Supreme, Sugar-free)
• Arce Dairy has been in business for more than
two decades already but it only has a few
branches in the country. Although it has only
a total of six main scooping stations and a few
mini-stations all in all, these are all placed in
locally popular or well-visited areas like malls
• Unfortunately, Arce Dairy has almost
NO promotion. They’ve produced no TV
ad, very few and unmemorable print ads.
• No promotional efforts are done, and
they rely on word of mouth to get
SELECTA ICE CREAM
• One of the leading ice cream brands in
the Philippines, selling a wide variety of
ice cream products with reasonable
• Was originally owned by the Arce
• Their product “MAGNUM” is currently
the “it” ice cream.
MAGNOLIA ICE CREAM
• Another one of the leading ice
cream brands in the Philippines,
with products celebrating the
• Reasonable price
BEN & JERRY’s
• Imported ice cream brand, known for
innovative flavour combinations,
resulting in fun and unique ice cream
• Quite expensive.
• The “Yuppie comfort food”.
James is a 25-year old advertising
practitioner working at McCann, living in a
condo with his older sister in Makati. He
spends his weekdays working in their
office, and after-work hours in nearby
malls with his colleagues. On weekends he
plays pro tennis, and then mostly spends
his time watching dvds in his condo.
Target Consumer Group
• Health-conscious, self-indulgent young
urban professionals or “yuppies” who
have the money to lavishly spend on
anything they want, and also who are
fickle in choosing their brand choices,
depending on what is trending or getting
“Local” ice cream is cheap and low quality.
• Yuppies purchase the brand that’s
“in”. When a new brand is
introduced, and hits the
“mainstream” air, they easily switch
• To make Arce Dairy one of the
yuppies’ top ice cream brand
• A lot of my friends and
colleagues eat this new premium
ice cream “Magnum”, that’s why
it’s also my ice cream choice.
Compelling Future Belief
• Arce Dairy is a high quality,
delicious and healthier ice
cream that’s in par with
• 4/5 of the people who are familiar with the
brand “Arce Dairy” have claimed that it’s
their favourite ice cream in the Philippines.
• Even though they have flavour favourites,
they try the different flavours every now and
• Though they love Arce Dairy, they consume
other brands more often because Arce Dairy
is not available on many local stores. But
whenever there is Arce Dairy available, it’s
their first choice.
• What they love about Arce Dairy is the
consistency of the ice cream, the smooth
creamy texture, and the mild sweetness of the
• Most of them found out about Arce Dairy first
from personal references like friends, and
relatives. Once they tasted Arce, it was
immediately their “new” favourite ice cream.
• According to them, the price doesn’t bother
them, since the taste is worth the price they
pay. They also mentioned that they wish Arce
was available to more stores.
5/5 were NOT aware that Arce
Dairy uses CARABAO MILK in
their ice cream.
People who are NOT
familiar with the brand
• 2/5 of the people who aren’t familiar
with Arce Dairy said that their
favourite brand of ice cream is Selecta
• 2 of the 5 said his favourite ice cream
is Ben & Jerry’s, and the other one said
Haagen Dazs. Those who picked Ben &
Jerry’s as favourite said they love the
variation in flavours.
5/5 are WILLING to try Arce Dairy
if anyone recommends it to them.
One feedback that was all and the
same from all five is something
about the “creaminess, boldness of
flavour, and silky smooth texture”
of the ice cream. They said there’s
something different about it but
they couldn’t point a finger on what
Surprisingly, all 5 declared that it is easily their
favourite ice cream, and tastes better than their
past favourites. They said they can’t wait to try
the other flavours.
What is your ideal ice
cream?Both the familiar and non-
familiar interviewees were asked
what they’d like their ice cream
10/10 prefer that an ice cream is
not too sweet, but still rich,
creamy, and smooth in texture.
They’d also love the main flavours
to dominate the product. A sugary
sweet ice cream is a let-down. They
prefer thick ice cream. (THAT’S
To the yuppies, quality of ice cream and
product feedback is vital. If it hits
home, they might actually stick to it. All
they need is a good push to try the
BUT: “I’ve never heard of it, I wouldn’t buy it.”
It is scientifically proven that
carabao milk is way more
nutritious than cow’s milk.
It contains protein, fat, lactose, vitamins and
minerals, and water. In addition, carabao’s milk is
richer and creamier compared to cow’s and goat’s
milk due to its high percentage of milk fat which is a
good source of energy.
• Carabao’s milk also contains
very little cholesterol,
compared to other milks.
The carabao milk ingredient
makes Arce Dairy ice cream
GUILTLESS compared to
The disadvantage is, “carabao
milk” screams “LOCAL”. There’s
a risk of driving away our target
market. Therefore we need to
hush on the carabao milk
• Trigger the curiosity of the target
market and make them try the
• Promote Arce Dairy’s new “sexy”
• Cover up Arce Dairy’s “local/low class”
image to people.
• Expose people to the brand.
• Launch print ads that will capture the
target market’s attention.
• Execute an effective guerrilla ad that
stays faithful to Arce Dairy’s new
• Release a TVC to be aired during
• Document the active guerrilla campaign
and post it as a viral video.
• Use imagery that implies.
• “Convince (Who-Target): Health-conscious, self-
indulgent young urban professionals or “yuppies” who
have the money to lavishly spend on anything they
want, and also who are fickle in choosing their brand
choices, depending on what is trending or getting
• That (What-Benefit/Belief): Arce Dairy is not only
a very delicious ice cream that’s in par with imported
brands but is also healthier compared to other
• Because (Why-Reason Why/Support): Arce Dairy
uses only the freshest high quality ingredients in
making their ice cream.