● Themes are collections of templates
● Themes define the layout and style of an entire
application by providing a complete set of
templates that accommodate every UI pattern
that may be needed in an application.
Create a new custom Theme
● Create a new theme directory in your APEX images directory
● Copy content from existing theme directory to this new directory
● Export the corresponding existing theme
● Open your theme export (sql) file in a text editor and replace path
○ themes/theme_x >> themes/theme_y
● Import your modified theme export.
● Change identification number to y
● “Private” Themes
Application specific customized Theme
● Theme Repository
● Workspace administrators can create Workspace
Themes. Workspace themes are available to all
developers within the workspace.
● Instance administrators can create Public Themes.
Public themes are added using Application Express
Administration Services. Once added, these themes are
available to all workspaces and developers.
• A subscribed template is a template that has its
definition maintained in another template, the
• If your application utilizes subscribed
templates, you can unsubscribe to templates on
the Unsubscribe Templates page.
How to get a good design?
(free) HTML Template.
Template Design made Easy/ier
● You don't need to learn Photoshop, CSS, HTML and
other Web technologies to create great looking
designs, including images and buttons.
● Create perfectly correct, validated HTML and CSS that
conform to Web standards.
● Web browser compatibility
● Well structured and formatted HTML and CSS code.
● Choose and use many included design elements, from
backgrounds, tabs to region objects and buttons.