The iPhone is a
camera, but it
5 areas to improve:
Stability - Cases
Use to attach your phone to a tripod.
Glif tripod adapter $30
Phocus 3 Lens
Plus Bundle -
Stability - Tripods/Grips
Help you get better video. Some require case.
Zgrip iPhone 5 Point’n'Shoot $121
External lights to attach to your case.
Manfrotto ML240 Mini 24 LED $57 Neewer CN-216 LED
Video Light $40
Audio - Mics
External mics to improve your phone audio.
Behringer XM8500 Dynamic
Cardioid Microphone $20
Audio - Cables
You need an adapter to attach microphones to a phone.
iRig PRE $40
iOgrapher audio cable $6.50
XLR cable $18
1/8 inch XLR mic
37mm lenses attach to various cases.
Thread $22 iPhone wide angle lens $35-40
iPhone telephoto lens $35-40
Olloclip lens $60
The default camera app is limiting for pro video.
VideoPro Camera $5 iMovie $5 FilMic Pro $5 Videon $5
More tools to improve your video.
Mini cart $70
Mophie Powerstation $97
Flash bracket $13
• You can create great videos with smart
phones - (Viking House)
• Smart phone cameras still have limitations
(zoom, DOF, seeing screen in daylight)
• It’s not cheap ($300 easily)
• It will be a big step back for professionals
• Speed may outweigh the limitations
Drake’s Master of
• 36-hour practical and applied program through
Drake’s SJMC and College of Business.
• Designed for part-time study on campus, with
courses in the evening and on weekends.
• Can be completed in two years, including
summers. Some coursework can be completed
MCL 299 Multimedia
• July 11-12, 2014 | 1.5-hour class
• Telling stories with photos and videos
• Techniques for composing/editing photos
• Basics of setting up and completing a simple
Grab a kit, set it up
and record a video with quality audio.