40-20, 40 refers to the BCD (Ball Centre Diameter), 20 is the lead/pitch.
Specials presentation update sep 2010
Special ProductsSpecial Products
3 Point Groove
2 point Groove
3 point spherical
2 point spherical
Deep Hole systems
Gun Barrel Bore
Small Blind Bore
Internal Ball race
2 point slot width
3 Point Groove
• Available from 6-300mm diameter
• Interchangeable with standard heads
• XTA, XTD, XTH, Superbore.
• Special forms, Radius, Ball contacts.
• Depth stops available for quick location.
• Annular grooves possible.
• Use with all Digital systems
• Metric, UN, Buttress, Acme, Trapezoidal, Ball screw and
non-standard forms available.
• LH and RH
• Effective (Functional), Pitch & Major measurement
• Calibrate from thread rings (Plain ring for Major
• Rings marked with actual PD
• Very fast measurement of threads
2 point Thread head. Supplied
into Bowers France.
3 point thread head for Pitch
• Note single thread form!Note single
Small 2 point thread head below
M10 / 3/8” with slot width head.
Ballscrew thread heads. Originally for Thomson IBL but now
to TRW, ZF Steering
3 point / 2 point spherical
• Use with any digital system
• 2 point available from 3mm, 3 point
available from 6mm
• Ease of use for operator
• 2 point supplied spherical as standard above
• Allows for misalignment in bore
• Tool steel anvils with XT / BS. Superbore
carbide above 50mm
• Very low wear
• Always use for deep hole measurement
3 point spherical for Electro-
impact used on A380
• All Electroimpact heads are used on the
large machines drilling the A380 wings.
The heads are used for automated
inspection of every hole machined. The
head shown is manufactured with a tapered
cover plate this allows for mis-alignment of
head when first entering the bore. Supplied
in the region of 100 off via Fowler in the
• Use with any digital system.
• 2 point between pin most popular. Can also
supply with carbide ball contact. 3 point
also available with irregular spacing if
• Heads for Major and Minor dia. available.
• Calibrate from standard plain rings.
• NTN (Renault supplier) largest customer
with over £100K
2 point spline head with pins on
BS. This head was pre unit
construction of the anvils
Deep hole Pneumatic system
• Maximum depth we can measure 15metres above
50mm diameter (Pneumatic system)
• Accuracy +/-0.005mm at 15 metres depth.
• 6 Bar air pressure required either from compressor
or factory air supply.
• Usually 3 point but can supply 2 point, all with
• Maximum diameter so far supplied 400mm.
• Simple operation.
• All heads should have guide sleeve
• Not effected by temperature fluctuations
• Calibrated prior to assembly
Deep hole XT
• Maximum depth 2 metres above 20mm diameter
• Can supply as 3 point or 2 point spherical
• Use 500mm long extensions 20mm+
• Use 1000mm extensions 35mm +
• Can be effected by temperature.
• Require same depth in front of the bore being
measured as is calibrated assembled.
• Not for use for high precision inspection
• Try to use in a temperature stabilised environment.
Special Products Summary
• Standard Thread, Spherical and Groove
prices shown in price list
• Recommend obtaining quotation if range of
threads is to be measured
• Drawing to be supplied if special features
are to be checked
• Please ask if unsure of application – good
chance that solution has been previously