1. Social Media Principles
A conversation and a discussion on the Social Media Principles
Founder, Social Media Club
Creative Catalyst, AdHocnium
2. Welcome to the social world...
• Welcome to the era of conversation
• Spin doesn’t work, people smell BS a mile away, and they tell their
friends (and everyone else) to avoid it
• Advertising isn’t eective anymore, no one is watching the ads and no
• People want to talk to people, not marketing and communications
• The Cluetrain is well on its way to the future, are you on it?
3. Social Media is tearing
down the walls that keep
us apart and changing
the rules that have kept
us from being human
inside our companies.
5. It’s not about pulling
levers getting results
Being social is a way of thinking
from which you can create new
opportunities to talk WITH your
audiences and get the cash
register ringing BECAUSE you are
being helpful and focused on
them, not yourself
6. photo by Dave Gray - Xplane
It’s more art then science How do you use the brush?