• To introduce the concept and importance of
• To introduce the idea that employers need
employees to know themselves and their own
• All students will know what is meant by self
evaluation and have taken part in self evaluation.
• Most students will understand how people working
in businesses and organisations can get to know
themselves and their own development needs
• Some students will also have developed an
understanding of how this is important for
businesses and individuals.
• The idea of this lesson is to carry out a series of
activities which will help get to know more about
your skills and what to do to improve for the future.
• Use the Skills list worksheet to write down three
strengths as a person and three areas which are less
• Share with a partner.
Activity Part 1 10min
• In pairs, ask each other the questions on This is just
about you worksheet.
• Answer the questions quickly and without thinking
Activity Part 2 10min
• Work on your own to complete the Skills list
• Be very honest.
• If you are not sure about a skill to ask.
Activity 3 10min
• In groups, share your thoughts about skills and then
complete the Group skills worksheet.
• The aim is to gather the best five skills for each
person so that you know the skills total for the
• Think about how these group and individual skills
could translate into principles for a work ethic.
• Record the conclusions that your group decides and
then to discuss the results as a class and record the
results for the whole group.