Second year 2019/ - additional 20 lecturers PLUS rooms now fitted out
Last June: Survey over 400 students – 80 responded
2. Identify gaps, root causes, strategic disconnects, etc. in the context of improving our effectiveness, operational efficiency and in achieving TQE strategic objectives.
3. Identify, analyse and validate opportunities to address the gaps and root causes identified during analysis – for example do we have the right skills, tools and people in the team
4. Select the improvement opportunities identified that have the most impact on our effectiveness, operational efficiency, and that will achieve strategic objectives. Make sure to select opportunities that are achievable giuven the budget, time, resources, etc. to implement in the change
This workshop is being recorded
• All materials contained in this workshop are the intellectual property of
the University. Third party materials are used at the discretion of the
lecturer, legally and within context.
• These materials will be made available digitally as a recording via an
• Recorded workshops/lectures must not be copied, redistributed,
shared, edited, re-used or made available through any other channels;
whether by email, websites, social media (e.g. Twitter, Facebook,
YouTube) or streaming.
• The workshop/lecture recording is NOT a substitute for attendance;
students are expected to attend lectures.
• All aspects of a workshop/lecture may not be recorded; and it does
NOT provide an equivalent experience to attending a lecture.
• Any comments or questions you contribute will be recorded. ASK ME
to pause if you do not want your question or comment recorded
Introduction and aims:
• View how Panopto is being used in
• Meet other lecturers on the pilot project
• Discuss different use cases for Panopto
– beyond lecture capture
The pilot so far…
K2: V501, V504, V505, V513, V514, V603, V604,
V609, V610, V701, V706, V707, V708, V709,
V710, V711, V712
Keyworth: K214, K216, K218, K320, K803, K805,
K205, K206, K207, K801
K3: All rooms
Panopto case studies (10/15 mins each):
• Kim Silver (Senior Lecturer in Law) – Formative assessment
• Eddie Isaacs (Course Director: Tourism, Hospitality and
Leisure)– Webinars/assignment briefs
• Gilberto Buzzi (Senior Lecturer – Adult Nursing) – Module
introduction/video feedback on assignments
Activity 1. INDIVIDUALLY
- Re-imagining Panopto…
1. Identify and specify the tasks/activities/assessment
to be re-imagined.
2. Identify and evaluate improvement opportunities
3. Design new task/activity/assessment
4. How will you evaluate its impact ?
Activity 2: In groups (of 3 or 4)
In your groups review and discuss the tasks
presented by each member identify areas of
overlap / commonality across group, time taken
vs. priorities, duplication etc
Select one or two of tasks/activities to present
1. Future events:
School based Panopto ‘show and tell’ sessions.
Please can you fill out the evaluation sheets.