1. Predictions based on opinions. (perhaps,
I think she’ll pass the exam.
(creo que aprobará el examen)
2. Decisions taken at the moment of
I’ll have a cheese burger, please.
3. Offers, promises
I promise I won’t tell anybody.
( te prometo que no se lo diré a nadie)
4. Schedules, timetables
The plane will arrive at 11 ( arrives)
1. Predictions based on evidence.
Look at the clouds!It’s going to rain.
(mira las nubes! Va a llover.
2. decisions and plans made beforehand.
I’m going to buy a car.
( voy a comprarme un coche)
1. Fixed arrangement ( + time expression)
I’m getting married in July.
She’s flying to London tomorrow.
Remember to use the auxiliaries.
Will: she won’t go. Will they travel?
Be going to: she isn’t going to eat. Are they going to move?
Present Continuous: we aren’t getting married. Are they going to
WILL BE + Ving
• An action that will be happening at a specific time in the
At this time tomorrow, I’ll be sunbathing.
( a esta hora mañana, estaré tomando el sol)
Call me tomorrow at 7, I won’t be studying
( llámame mañana a las 7, no estaré estudiando)
WILL HAVE + PARTICIPLE
• An action will be finished at a specific time in the future.
By the end of the year, we will have learnt many words
( para finales de año, habremos aprendido muchas palabras)
Don’t call me next week, I won’t have finished doing my project.
( no me llames la semana que viene, no habré terminado de hacer el proyecto)