• In simple words, empowerment is giving power.
• According to J.I. Cotton
“Empowerment is a participative process
that uses the entire capacity of employee & is designed
to encourage increased commitment to the
Helping employees achieve job mastery
Allowing more control
Providing successful role models
Using social reinforcement & persuation
Giving emotional support
It is the subset
• Innovation • Information
• It is the
• Organisational culture is found incongruent
• Employee have no inclination
• Employee may have fear in their mind
• Employee want the security of having some one to guide them
• The superior who are power hungery never would like to be part their
authority with there employees.
Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to
do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
-General George Smith Patton, Jr.
"An empowered organization is one in which individuals have
the knowledge, skill, desire, and opportunity to personally
succeed in a way that leads to collective organizational