CHINMAY PADHYE E-Mail: email@example.com
555 S 10 Street Apt#26 San Jose CA 95112 Cell: 408-219-0605
• In depth knowledge of TCP/IP protocol stack, Design & analysis of high performance networks
• L-2 & L-3 concepts like STP, VLANS, VTP, UDP, IP, RIP, ICMP, IGMP, RSVP, OSPF & EIGRP
• Excellent knowledge of L4 - L7 protocols like SNMP, SMTP, TELNET, DNS, DHCP, RTP, RTCP and SIP
• Experience in LAN, WAN, Campus Network design, management & Troubleshooting
• Good understanding of QA testing methodologies SDLC & Test life cycle
• Working knowledge of Mercury Quality Center, Load Runner & Quick Test Pro
• Protocol testing such as: Negative, Inopportune, Deep-path, Stress, Load, Conformance, etc
• Beginner’s knowledge of Ixia test tools like IXAnvl for device testing
• Hands on experience of various Linux based operating systems
Halcyon InfoTech, Atlanta (USA) April 2009 – Current
Title: Trainee Basis Engineer (SAP – Networking/QA)
• Maintain daily operations of WAN, LAN, application servers, and systems for 3 separate locations.
• Administered employee mobile devices for email, VPN, and Wireless communications.
• Remote Monitoring of Routers Switches, Modems using MRTG & Syslog Server using AAA.
• Formulated a weekly report of network statistics for archive purposes.
• Provide Network Management facilities like DNS Audit, IP-Port-MAC mapping, Syslog & TFTP servers,
SNMP support for the network with the help of pt360.
• Formulated test strategies & test cases based upon the Functional Requirements.
• Performed User Acceptance Testing on Zone Policies & documented the results.
• Used Load Runner Record & Replay tool to test the load-handling capacity of the server.
Router mania Technologies Pvt. Ltd. (INDIA) June 2006 - July 2007
Title: Network Consultant Engineer
• Periodically tested the routers, switches & servers for optimum performance.
• Cabling, racking & stacking of various Ethernet Switches, Modems & Routers.
• Oversee network and equipment upgrades to include IOS image upgrades, and configuration changes.
• Document network problems and changes working in diverse management environments.
• Performed Multisite Network management & Network Hardening Best practices.
Programming Computer Programming with C, C++
Socket Programming with FreeBSD for Linux
Operating Systems Microsoft Windows XP/Vista, Microsoft Server 2003
LINUX flavors of: Ubuntu, CentOS & Debian
Testing Tools QTP, QC, Load Runner, Element Tool, Evalid
Traffic generators like Nemesis, TCPreplay, sendIP, RUDE-n-CRUDE
Modeling tools MS Visio, Smart Draw.
Utilities Packet Trap 360 Network Manager
Wireshark & tcpDump network protocol analyzers
RADIUS & TACACS+ authentication servers
CISCO IP Communicator ( SIP, Skinny, H.323 )
GNS3 & dynamips router emulators, CISCO packet tracer, BOSON netsim
CERTIFICATION’ S: CISCO ID: CSCO11484072
CCNA & CCNP (Routing, Switching):
• Implement multi-area Networks using EIGRP, OSPF & IEEE 802.3 Ethernet standards.
• Implement Cisco IOS routing features, BGP for enterprise ISP connectivity & multicast forwarding.
• Conduct the operation of Trunking, STP, RSTP, and PVST+ in a hierarchical network.
• Configure security features, wireless client access & support for voice in a switched network
• Implement gateway redundancy technologies like HSRP, VRRP, and GLBP.
• Implementing & troubleshooting routed environments using ACLs, NAT, and PAT.
• Experience configuring LACP, PAgP, GRE, UDLD in multi-networked environment.
Voice over IP – VIRTUAL TELEPHONY
• Configuring Cisco 3725 to perform the functions of a legacy PSTN Switch and act as a SIP gateway.
• Configuration of SIP, POTS Dial Peers, CISCO Ip Communicator & CISCO Call Manager Express.
• Analysis and comparison of various voice over IP protocols like SIP, H.323 & SCCP.
• Development of SIP soft phone using PortSIP SDK- the basic functionality of this phone: can register
with any SIP server, can receive/make calls from/to SIP enabled phones.
Cisco device redundant network configuration using OSPF, BGP, VRRP & MPLS.
• Constructed a network topology using Cisco 2600, 1841, 7200 series routers & 3550 CAT-OS switches.
• Implemented OSPF& EIGRP as interior routing protocols & BGP as exterior routing protocol on the topology.
• Constructed multi-area OSPF links for end to end connectivity. Configured STUB & NSSA areas.
• Introduced redundancy in the network by configuring failover routers with VRRP.
• Observed the layer 2 & layer 3 performance of the network using Wireshark.
Securing CISCO internetworked environment
• Network threat assessment
• Security by management access
• Security by Cisco IOS firewall & IPS implementation
• Security by Authentication, Authorization & Accounting
• Master of Science in Electrical Engineering (Networking) from San Jose State University , CA
• Bachelor of Engineering Telecommunication & Networking from University of Mumbai