Oculus rift, Virtual Reality, Division of Facebook
1. Virtual Reality
2. Versions of VR
3. Oculus Rift
5. How does it work?
6. Future Scope
• Simulation that provides the
experience of a physical
• The recreation of human
senses (sight, sound, touch,
Evaluation of Virtual Reality
• The Sensorama released in 1962
• The Eye Phone released in 1984
• The Nintendo Virtual Boy released in 1995
• The Oculus Rift released in 2011
Virtual Reality Devices
• Invented by a Palmer Luckey.
• An virtual reality head mounted
display & developed by Oculus
VR, a division of Facebook.
• a virtual reality headset that lets
players step inside their favorite
games and virtual worlds.
• 110 degree field of view.
• Palmer Freeman Luckey (born
19 September 1992) is the original
founder of Oculus VR and
inventor of the Oculus Rift.
Devices which are used in Oculus Rift
• The Cable
• The Headset
• The Screen(7 inch screen)
• It use HDMI(High Definition Multimedia Interface) cable.
• HDMI cable contain 19 ports.
• Each port is used for different purpose.
• Cable transferring uncompressed (or) compressed
Digital audio & Video data
• It uses a 7 inch LCD display screen
with a resolution of 1280x800 pixels.
• Screen is divided into 640x800 pixels
per eye, with a fixed distance between
• User can view the screen through two
• It use Stereoscopic Image to display .
• Stereoscopic imaging is a
technique used to record and
display 3D (three dimensional)
images or an illusion of depth in