• Asia is the fastest growing market.
• India and China have the largest market share in Asia.
• In 2016, import of maltodextrin in India was 10 173 694 kg.
• China is the key manufacturer of maltodextrin in Asia.
• Contributed 20% of imports in India in 2016.
• In 2018, it was estimated that the market value is USD 34.47 billion.
• By 2024, it will be USD 51.87 billion.
• CAGR of 7%.
• Food and Beverage industry is the main industry that utilises
Overview of Maltodextrin Market
Applications of maltodextrin
• Food Industry:
• Additives like thickening agent.
• Supplement in food like protein powder and infant formula milk.
• Constant increasing demand in the food industry drives the growth of
• Pharmaceutical Industry:
• Stabilizer in medicine.
• Agriculture Industry:
• Animal feed.
HS Code 04022990
Molecular formula C10H18O2
Molecular weight 170.25 g/mol
Appearance White free-flowing powder
Density 0.30 to 0.62 g/cm3
Solubility Soluble in water
Packing • 25 kg in fiber drum.
• 25 kg in plastic bag.
• 1 - 25 kg in aluminium foil bag.
KEY MARKET TRENDS
➢The European Union and China are the largest producers and consumers.
➢The market is expected to reach a volume of around 12.2 Million Tons by
➢Some of the key players are – Nestle, Danone, Lactalis, Fonterra,
➢It is cost effective and economical to transport, hence the demand
➢5 % CAGR growth from 2009 to 2016
➢Content writing and Social media : Stevia sugar, Milk powder,
➢Sourcing: Mono sodium phosphate, dextrin aspartame
➢Product websites: Formic acid
➢Weekly Newsletter : Milk powder