How to Install SSL Certificate on FileZilla Server
How to Install SSL Certificate on
FileZilla Server SSL Installation Steps
• Buy an SSL Certificate
• Generate a CSR
• The Certificate Authority will verify your details
• The CA issues an SSL Certificate and sends the SSL
Certificate in a .zip file
When you receive your SSL certificate via email, store
the yourdomainname.zip file on your server, and
extract these two files: “yourdomianname.crt” &
“certificateauthority.crt” in the same folder.
After finishing the Pre-Installation steps, follow our step-by-step guide
about SSL Certificate Installation on a FileZilla Server.
Open the FileZilla Server Options window and click
on Edit >> Settings.
On the left side, select the SSL/TLS Setting option.
Check the “Enable SSL/TLS support” option under SSL/TLS Settings.
• There are three options under where you checked Enable SSL/TLS
• Private key File box: Click on the Browse button and choose Private Key
location which you have created earlier.
Example: C:Program FilesFileZilla Serveryourdomainname.crt
• Certificate File box: Click on the Browse Button and select the location
of your certificate file that contains the intermediate certificate and
Example: C:Program FilesFileZilla Servercertificatefile.crt
• Key Password box: Enter the Key Password which will be stored in
Once you finished above process, click on the OK button.
Your Certificate is now successfully installed on the
• FileZilla Server Support : https://filezilla-project.org/support.php
• SSL Installation Checker : https://cheapsslsecurity.com/ssltools/ssl-checker.php
• Generate CSR : https://cheapsslsecurity.com/ssltools/csr-generator.php
Google Plus: +Cheapsslsecurity
For More Information on SSL Certificate Errors