Successfully reported this slideshow.
You’ve unlocked unlimited downloads on SlideShare!
Lil Wayne is a wel know Rap artist from over the last 10
years. He plays at many rap festivals all around the
The CD cover fits the genre well and stands out from the
• It has a black background which coincides with the
dark lyrics within the music.
• The Black baby symbolises the culture in which most
Hip Hop artists grew u in
• The tattoo on the baby shows their un couth and rebel
some past and historical background.
• Again you see a dark background in this
cover, which again relates back to he dark
history of the culture as well as the dark
• The screaming black man represents the
pain and torture that these people felt
they went through as they grew up.
• The fact the man is buried symbolises how
within this Hip Hop culture you can
sometimes feel trapped.
This cover presents a different side to the Hip Hop
culture and in my opinion gives across a more potitive
• The clear prevalence to money represents how the
culture and industry is so money orientated, and
sometimes people are judged on their wealth and
‘bling as such.
• The ‘bling’ if you ;ike is actualy highlighted in this an
the galsses are coloured in comparison to the rest of
the background of the cover. This highlights the
importance of appearance.
• The pink band doesn’t isn’t just used to stand out
but also to extenuate the wealth as the colour is
thought of as a wealthy colour as similar to red.
• This is a different all together because It has a very
colourful background, although it still has some of
the darker objects the font of the name stans out
because its bright yellow which attracts the
audience to it.
• The outfit the man is wearing includes hood up and
baseball cap giving n intimidating impression
showing how they have to look and be intimidating
to strive in the industry.
• The Poster gives an all together
different impression and here we see
Three highly decorated men making
typical (for hip hop) hand sygnals.
• The bling accentuates the wealth of
the people and therefore there social
• There personalised t shirt with their
group name show individuality from
the rest and again extend the show the
wealth of the performers.