In our Bibles today:
• Old Testament: Hebrew translated to Greek
(Septuagint LXX) translated to English.
• New Testament: Greek translated to English.
• Studying the scriptures in their original
language is key to understanding God’s plan of
salvation for humankind thru Jesus (Yeshua).
Ekklesia = Assembly = Congregation = Church
• The same greek word Ekklesia is used in both
the LXX and the New testament.
• Then why is it not translated consistently
Assembly or Congregation or Church
throughout the Bible?
Jesus was sent only to the house of
• Jesus said:
• Matthew 15:24 “I was sent only to the lost
sheep of the house of Israel.”
• John 10:14-16 I am the good shepherd. I know
my own and my own know me, just as the Father
knows me and I know the Father; and I lay down
my life for the sheep. And I have other sheep
that are not of this fold. I must bring them also,
and they will listen to my voice. So there will be
one flock, one shepherd.
• In Jesus we (gentile) are grafted in Israel
• When the fullness of the gentile has come
in, then all Israel will recognize Jesus as
Messiah and be saved (Romans 11:25).
• For God there is only one Shepherd Jesus and
only one flock faithful Israel.