MBA(HM) 1st YEAR
KG COLLEGE OF HEALTH SCIENCE
You have been asked to write a cover story article for a popular magazine on your selection of
the most innovative organization
• What organization did you select?
• What makes it so innovative?
• Why this organization and not the others
What’s Innovation in Your Book?
What is the first name that come into mind, when I say Innovation ?
In many ways, the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little yet enjoy a position over those who
offer up their work and their selves to our judgment. We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun
to write and to read. But the bitter truth we critics must face is that, in the grand scheme of things,
the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. But
there are times when a critic truly risks something, and that is in the discovery and defense of the
new. The world is often unkind to new talents, new creations. The new needs friends.
Remember, Criticism is Nothing; Creativity is Everything
SENIOR STAFF NEW HIRES BOARD MEMBERS
ARTIST OUTSIDERS EXPERTS
Innovation is simply the process of creating and implementing a new idea or ideas.
Three main types of innovation exist:
1. Process Innovation
2. Technical Innovation
3. Administrative Innovation
Process innovation is achieved through the creation of a new means of producing, selling,
and/or distributing an existing product or service.
Some Example are:
- Tesco: Home Plus Virtual Subway Store
Technical innovation is simply the creation of a new
product or service.
- Google Glass
Administrative innovation is the
creation of a new organization
design which better supports the
creation, production and delivery of
services or products.
An example is:
-VIRTUAL MEETINGS IN
Innovative into Action
• Promote Innovation as an Organizational Value
• Use Technology to Collaborate and Share Knowledge.
• Include Innovation as a Leadership Development Competency
• Develop an “Idea-finding” Program.
• Fund Outside Projects.
• Train for Creativity. Creativity isn’t innate
• Create a Review Process for Innovative Ideas
• Recruit for Creative Talent.
• Reward Innovation with Engaging Work.
• Tie Compensation to Innovation
Google’s 9 Principles of Innovation
Before we go on to these principles, let us see
some interesting things about Google.
Google’s 9 Principles of InnovationLets Start with Google’s 9 Principles of Innovation
1. Innovation comes from anywhere
2. Focus on the user
3. Aim to be ten times better
4. Bet on technical insights
5. Ship and iterate
6. Give employees 20 percent time
7. Default to open processes
8. Fail well
9. Have a mission that matters