51% of smartphone users have
purchased from a company/brand other
than the one they intended to because
the information provided was useful.
Google/Ipsos, "Consumers in the Micro-Moment," Wave 3, U.S., n=1291 online smartphone users 18+, August 2015.
Recognising the meaning is hard
- Some keywords have several different
- This is not always easy, especially in a
small language like Dutch.
- So make sure that you check your
Umfeld as well. What does Google think
In the past two years on YouTube, videos
with “review” in the title had more than
50,000 years’ worth of watch time on
YouTube Data, U.S., Classiﬁcation as review videos were based on public data such as headlines, tags, etc., and may not account for
every such video available on YouTube, July 2015 - June 2017
Google Home - Amazon Echo - Xbox One
- Xbox Home : There no top 10 anymore, just 1 result.
- One Answer:
- It’s not only a Google Home, but also, Apple
Homepod, Sonos One, Amazon Echo or Xbox
One (cortana, all Microsoft devices)
- 18.8M amazon echo’s are sold (June 2017)
- It’s not suitable for all queries (yet).
- Google is better at informational queries, while
Amazon is winning the transactional part.
20% of search queries are already voice. 50% is expected in 2020
While voice commands are getting more regular, the length of the query
increases as well. People get better at searching, reﬁning and asking
natural questions. And so does Google, Amazon and Microsoft. (Apple still
This will only increase with rise of chatbots and assistants
So a lot of changes…
In the end tools are handy
data and insights though:
Answer the public
• keyword research youtube
• keyword research yoast
• keyword research yahoo
• keyword research tutorial youtube
• keyword research for your website
• cara research keyword yang benar
• cara research keyword youtube
• keyword research done for you
• youtube keyword research software
• youtube keyword research 2015
• yandex keyword research
• yoast keyword research tool
• yahoo keyword research tool free
• keyword research feature can help you
• seo keyword research tool youtube
• keyword research with google keyword planner
• keyword research website
• keyword research with semrush
• keyword research webinar
• keyword research wiki
• keyword research wordstream
• keyword research with keyword planner
• keyword research with ahrefs
• keyword research with long tail pro
• keyword research wordpress plugin
• keyword research warrior forum
• keyword research with scrapebox
• keyword research worksheet
• keyword research wso
• keyword research with market samurai
• keyword research word cloud
• keyword research wordtracker
• keyword research and analysis
• keyword research and mapping
• keyword research and analysis tool
• keyword research and selection
• keyword research android
• keyword research and competitor analysis
• keyword research and analysis pdf
• keyword research android app
• keyword research and optimization
• keyword research tool android
• what is keyword research and how to
• keyword research for organic seo
• organic keyword research tool
• organising keyword research
What are the questions around the topic ‘keyword research’
- Obviously people want to know ‘HOW’
Zero moment of Truth - Google
MBTI Based personas - Myers Briggs
Customer Journey - McKinsey
But since where working with Google, let’s stick with Google’s last version
with the mobile micro moments:
Models for your customer journeys / micro moments
• Idea generation (lock yourself, and a co-worker or your mom, up with a lot of post-its)
• Customer journey situations
• Variations, synonyms and Plurals
• Reports, internal (and external) presentations
• Google Search Console
• Google Adwords Reports (exact match reports)
• Google Analytics Internal Search (or any other internal search engine)
• Google Auto Suggest
• Competitors: title tags, visual content, sitemaps and reverse ranking tools like ahrefs,
majestic, searchmetrics or sistrix.
Generate a list of keywords
Your Money / Your Life
Expertise / Authority / Trust
• Is this the right place?
• Why should I do this now?
• Can I trust this website?
• What can I do right now?
• How hard is it going to be (on my mobile?)
• What happens when I ﬁnish this now?
Are we including and using universal keywords that ensure these that these topics are
Know (informatinal) Go(navigational) Do (informationable) Buy (transactional)
What is a cloud solution? cloudsolutions.com
Cloud solution beneﬁts,
cloud solutions comparison
Best toothbrush? 7/11 near me how to clean my toothbrush buy cheap toothbrushes
Mapping the search terms in a mobile world
- Google Adwords Keyword Planner
(Google really doesn’t like that, if you still have any data in there)
- Google Search Console (Biased towards current rankings)
- ahrefs.com (great for content ideas as well)
- keywordtool.io (fast, cheap and decent interface)
- answerthepublic.com (awesome)
- kwﬁnder.com/ (some people like this better than keywordtool.io, it’s more or less similar
- majestic.com (link data and keywords rankings for the long term with Google Search Console)
- GetStat, SERPlab, SEMrush, Searchmetrics, Brightedge Datacube, Conductor Searchlight & AWRCloud
Internal Searches: (Google Analytics > Behaviour > Site Search > Search Terms)
Chatbot and Assistants (markets are conversation remember?)
Get the data
Maybe you shouldn’t do this…
- At ﬁrst we’ve tried to write out all the possibilities for a couple of personas with 2
speciﬁc product customer journeys. We’ve gather over 150 touch points within half an
hour. And this was not even data-driven…
UX and SEO are usually more or less the same. In the past we had several issues
with navigation menu’s and dropdown menu’s. Google tries to calculate the
outcomes of this these day with certain heuristic techniques.
A UX that suits all phases of a customer journey will be the most successful for
the user and thus for Google when the query isn’t clear in its objective.
That’s why there’s room for value added comparison engines in Google.
Somebody who is looking for ‘car insurance comparison’ has bigger chance of
getting a quote from a comparison engine than from a direct writer, just because
his current, or new favourite company probably is in the list to be compared.
Think of this while choosing your keywords.
UX and SEO
Google’s popularity metrics also contain a connection
between the brand name, the searches with the brand name
and products and the ranking for those general keywords.
Getting more branded keyword queries in Google (yoast
keyword research) will grow the Yoast brand and connect the
brand (yoast) to the topic (keyword research)
Popularity and keywords
(SEMrush rankings factors 2017 talks about ‘direct trafﬁc’).