• Participants start counting.
• The odd numbers are read out loud.
• Even numbers are silent and the
person who is supposed to read even
number has to raise his hand.
What is a Group?
• Group of passengers travelling in a plight
•They are just
Are they for a
People who can identify with each other(sharing
ideas, beliefs or experiences of common areas)
People frequently and regularly engage with each
other (agreeing on a purpose and working
together on a shared tasks)
People who recognize themselves and are recognized
by others as part of a group.
Common Objective Team
Types of Groups
Categories of Group
• Command group-
comprised of employees
who directly report to a
• Tasks groups-
employees work to
accomplished a certain
• Interest Groups-
established to meet a
• Friendship groups-
formed by members
have something in
that form to
1. Achievement of a goal in more
efficient and more effective manner as
team members are committed to one
• More efficient-little time
• More effective-high productive/lack of wastes
• Committed- highly focused
2. People like to work with others due
to social satisfaction.
Increased morale and motivation can be
3. High level of productivity through
specialized work processes and labour
4. Team members communicate with each
other more often. Thus, they don’t have
misconceptions and misunderstanding
5.Social learning takes place.
People learn from each other and from their
mistakes as well.
6. Organizational flexibility
members are open-mined and willing to go