Digital Marketing is about
people who use the internet,
more specifically about
people INFLUENCED by the
The world has changed and
there are many more brand
touch points than ever
What does the digital
landscape look like in 2010?
1. Objectives,Audience, Constraints
3 STEPS TO DIGITAL SUCCESS
Idaho Steelheads Core Objectives
1. Create outbound marketing
2. Establish as a leader in family entertainment
3. Lead generation
4. Increase tickets sales
5. Cross promote with the arena and hotel
Using the internet not just as a technological tactical tool, but
as as strategic communication powerhouse to drive sales
and your customer relationships.
It’s not technology that is important.
It’s what technology allows us to do:
YOUR WEBSITE SHOULD:
1. Act as your “Digital Hub”
2. Inform and engage
3. Contribute to your bottom line
The website should be the digital hub of your online strategy.
It should be dynamic, interactive, engaging and vibrant.
1. Intuitive and clean navigation
2. Employs compelling and regularly updated content
Relevant industry news
New product offerings
Engaging educational information
3. Incorporates tools that allow users to contribute in a two-way
4. Easily sharable (personal blogs, twitter, facebook, and any other social
5. Lead generator for current and prospective customers
Qualified traffic heading to your website from this box….
1. Search engines drive a highly qualified audience who
is specifically interested in what you have to offer
2. Many people don’t look beyond the first couple of
3. Organic search results are perceived as being more
4. Increases traffic to your website (more leads)
WHY IS SEARCH IMPORTANT?
If your website isn’t visible on search engines,
it isn’t visible to your potential customers.
1. Select relevant keyword or keyphrase
2. Make sure content relates only to that keyword
3. Use keyword in your page name
4. Use in your title
5. Use in your main header tag <h1>
6. Use in your keywords and description tags
7. Monitor with Analytics
SIMPLE ON-SITE SEO
Write engaging, relevant content for people, not machines
Target no more than 1 or 2 words per page
Selectively distribute your content to relevant and reputable
Be consistent and continually optimize
Don’t expect overnight results
A major goal of your digital strategy should be to
build a customer database for further marketing.
Social networking is
Your online relationships must be
GENUINE, REAL, and AUTHENTIC.
Social networking is
• Ask open-ended questions
• Create more ‘real time’, interesting & engaging
photo albums: let fans upload their photos
• Stream blog posts
• Link to industry articles
• Post/stream job openings
• Create additional ‘tabs’ w/product portfolio
1. Title: Add descriptive keyword rich text.
2. Info tab: Add twitter, youtube and linkedin group urls
3. Photos tab: Use Flickr and bring in photos from it.
4. Set a default tab– use FBML to showcase product portfolio. Add follow us on
social media channels here as well.
5. Sidebar: Add call to action such as “ request info” or download application
6. Use a url shortener ( such as “bit.ly”) to track clicks
7. You can setup tabs for RSS feeds, Twitter, Flickr, etc.
SEO note: Group pages are NOT indexed by external search engines.
Groups cannot host external applications. Pages are typically better for