First things first
• Why is it important?
• Who is on your social media team?
• Specific roles
• Which social media platforms and tools?
• Create specific goals for each platform
• What do you want to share?
• Different audiences
Where to start?
• Define your team and roles
• Social Media Audit
• It’s not just about the numbers!
• Look for influencers
• How are people interacting the different
• On which platforms and how are they
engaging with your organisation?
Tips to save time
• Use Hootsuite
• Delegate tasks
• Schedule time for:
• Scheduling content
• Engagement (retweets, replies)
Content and themes
• Share information about your projects
• Shout out to a supporter (Twitter follower or
• Promote events
• Photos and videos
• Appeals to donate
• Thank donors
Social Media Policy – questions for reflection
• What do you stand for?
• What is your mission statement?
• What are your core values?
Social Media Policy
• What are our core values?
• How to respond to positive and negative
• Who should respond?
• Stock answer or more elaborate, personal
• Personal/Professional posts overlapping
• Do you allow others to post on your fan page?
• Training your employees