Who are you targeting?
• Defining your personalization target is essential
• Differentiate between shoppers who interact and those who don’t (Responder
• Consider which responders are relevant to your business goals
Interacts with personalized content
Doesn’t interacts with personalized content
When are you targeting?
• Date range
• Seasonal trends
• Campaign related behavior (sale)
Need to consider time elements
to measure accurately
What are you targeting?
• Product recommendations
• Different measurement for different
Where are you targeting?
• More than just a channel factor
• Geo-location (state, city)
• Page location (homepage, cart page)
• Stage in shopping funnel
Demand comes in many forms
• Shopper type
• Top sellers
• Profit margin
It’s all about responder and
Personalization strategies are
used to increase response
Test different strategies to measure shoppers’
• Success is measured by:
• Responder demand
• Recommendation contribution
• Average order value
Aspects to analyze
• Does a combination of strategies work more effectively than a single strategy?
• Is your margin staying steady or increasing?
• Are more shoppers responding to the strategy than non-responders?
• What were your measurements before/after your personalization efforts or after
changes to your personalization strategies?
• Which strategies can you leave behind to focus on those that are delivering more
recommendation demand, more responder demand, and higher AOV?
Average Order Value Defined
For retailers, AOV is a crucial KPI
• An essential part of understanding how to generate new revenue
• Have to look at AOV along with conversion rate
Revenue Per Visit
Revenue per visit (RPV) is important in the quest to
better understand your customers and how they
interact with your site as a whole
• RPV = Conversion Rate x Average Order Value
• For Example, giving up a little conversion rate
can result in a bigger gain in AOV, overall
Revenue Per Visit
The Sweet Spot: Combination of conversion rate (CR) and
AOV that maximizes your businesses RPV. Sweet spots differ
Look at your site to see what you can improve
• Different products and verticals have different
abilities to influence AOV
• Research your products to develop right
strategy to increase AOV
• Sell more accessories, cross-selling, up-selling
• Test changes to merchandising rules and
Learn more about personalization metrics by
downloading our free eBook below.
DOWNLOAD PERSONALIZATION METRICS EBOOK
www.Certona.com | info@Certona.com