We are pleased to announce that 420 students are graduating in the Xth
Convocation of CEPT University. We have introduced a new registration
system to ensure a smooth and memorable convocation ceremony for you.
Kindly log on to www.cept.ac.in to complete the registration formalities.
Registration is mandatory for graduation even if you do not intend to attend
the convocation ceremony. The registration portal will remain open till
26th January 2016. Use your CEPT e-mail Id and password to log in. Please
ensure that you are logged in to your cept email account [and not your
personal gmail account] before clicking on the registration link. This will
ensure that your response is correctly recorded.'
Looking forward to seeing you,
Cannot log in? Click here
SCREEN 1: LOG-IN
Welcome to the Convocation 2016 Registration Portal
CEPT University has grown over the years and this year we are pleased to see 420 of
you graduating from the University. We believe that all of us are one community and
hence should be part of a single ceremony. This implies that a 10 second delay per
student will result in a 1.5 hour delay in the ceremony! Therefore, we request you to
go through the instructions on this portal in detail and help us plan a memorable
SCREEN 2: WELCOME
Note: you can change this preference till 23:59hrs on 26 January
This helps us in 2 ways.
It reduces the number of empty seats in the front section of the audience [we have
had around 20% absence in the past]. This helps us move your guest seating area
closer to the stage.
It ensures less confusion and more speed during the ceremony as only the names of
graduating students are read out aloud.
This helps us provide adequate seating area for guests.
SCREEN 3: ATTENDANCE DETAILS
BEFORE THE EVENT:
1. Ensure that you have registered on this portal.
2. The official dress for the convocation is-
Male- Off white Kurta and pyjama
Female- Off white kurta and pyjama or saree
Have it ready in advance for the big day!
ON THE BIG DAY
1. Arrive at Basketball Court, adjacent to SSO Building latest by 8.30am on 6th
February 2016. Your guests can arrive by 9:00 am and proceed directly to the guest
2. Use the restroom now if required. The event last 3 hours or more depending on
3. Desks for each Faculty will be set up at the basketball court. Sign-in and collect your
4. Stand in the sequence as directed by your faculty member/student volunteer
5. Volunteers will guide you to your designated spot in the seating area. Please do not
change the order as this is crucial for maintaining time.
SCREEN 4: PROCEDURES, RULES, AND CHECKLIST
DURING THE EVENT:
1. Switch off your mobile phones for the entire duration of the event.
2. We know you are excited; kindly maintain the dignity of the event.
3. Please return to your seats after receiving your degree. We know you want to
celebrate immediately but spare a thought for your colleagues who haven’t yet
received theirs. No one likes their big moment to be marred by empty seats and
4. Photography is not permitted during the event. This causes a lot of commotion at
the stage area as parents and juniors try to photograph the event. We have an
official photographer who will be taking photos of all convocating students. You can
obtain your photo from your concerned Admin department a week after the event.
5. Remain seated till the event is declared closed and the dignitaries have walked off
SCREEN 5: PROCEDURES, RULES, AND CHECKLIST
AFTER THE EVENT:
1. As a precaution, we only issue a photocopy of the degree certificate during the
ceremony. Kindly contact your Faculty administration to obtain the original.
1. Student volunteers are there to guide you. We know they are your juniors, but
please listen to them.
SCREEN 6: PROCEDURES, RULES, AND CHECKLIST
I have read and agree to follow the rules and procedures mentioned on this portal
Wait for confirmation after clicking this button
SCREEN 7: ACCEPTANCE
Thank you for registering
SCREEN 8: COMPLETION