Experiencing Emotions at Work
• We get frustrated with bosses giving more work
when they don’t understand how much work we
• We get upset with co-workers who don’t do their
• We get angry with irate customers who don’t
realice we are only trying to help.
Recognizing Emotions and moving
through them Quickly
1. Recognize you’ve got something to do with it.
Consider EMOTION as energy in MOTION.
2. Understand laws exist about emotions just like
there are laws about physics. Every emotion you
have is a result of some thought that preceeded
3. Accept that any choice to change how you feel
will always come after the fact.
1. Reconsider beliefs that produce harm to
anyone, including yourself.
2. Keep a journal, a record of your emotion. Use it
to bring your unconscious to conscious.
3. Talk with friends. Don’t talk with people who
gossip and just reinforce the idea you are a
4. Read books and listen to audio recordings.
5. Get counseling.
Nine Steps for Mastering Emotions
1. Awareness of Doing an emotion
1. Honest description of an Emotion’s purpose.
1. Acceptance or response/ability for your
4. Identification of Facts Vs. Beliefs
5. Identification of Beliefs about yourself
6. Acceptance of Responsibility for your thoughts.
7. Identification of your Desired Behavioral Goals.
8. Relationship between your Present Behavior
and Your desired goals.
9. Acceptance of Responsibility for Behavior