Successfully reported this slideshow.
OUR FILM PITCH
OUR FILM COMPANY IS
CALLED CAPITAL CINEMA.
THIS IS THE COMPANY LOGO
PLOT – OPENING SCENE
• A boyfriend and girlfriend will be established, whilst cross cutting to a gang.
• The girlfriend leaves, and is about to turn a corner when she overhears a gang
talking about a widespread crime.
• Girl realises the importance of what she is hearing and films it on her mobile
• The gang hear the sound of her phone going off.
• The gang chase the girl through an urban area.
• The girlfriend thinks she has escaped, and removes the SD card from her
phone containing the video.
• The audience hear a gun shot.
• The camera then pans onto the girlfriend who they discover is the one who got
shot. She has her phone in one hand and the SD card in her other hand hidden
• The gang approach her body and take the phone out of her hand and break it.
They believe they are safe.
• The final shot shall be of the girl’s hand slightly revealing the SD card still in her
hand – it is safe. The audience hear the sound of sirens in the background
indicating the police are on the way and the SD card shall be found. She did not
die in vain.
OVERALL VISION OF OUR THRILLER
Continuing from the opening, the
rest of the fi lm shal l be the pol ice
discovering the SD card and
figuring out the details about the
c rime wh i c h t h e v i d e o d i d n’ t reve al,
and to try and take down the gang.
From a questionnaire we created we have found out that Thriller films are
most popular with males, who go to see Thrillers in the cinema mainly with
their friends. The audience shall expect to see the villain wearing black
clothing, and the score of the film to have a tense tone. The film is also
expected to be set in an urban city location.
We shall use our questionnaire results to aim our film at a male
audience. We shall ensure the villain is shown in black clothing and
the location shall be an urban setting. Furthermore, the score originally
composed for the film shall be tense.
We will be filming in a variety of locations
Housing estate – Where the boyfriend and
girlfriend part ways.
Alley way – Where the gang are congregated.
Urban streets – Where the chase scene shall
take place, and where the girlfriend shall be
Gang members will be wearing black jeans, hoodies and boots because
black is a Thriller code and convention for representing the villain/evil.
The hoodie shall conceal the villains identities which creates a sense of
mystery and intrigue.
The Boyfriend and Girlfriend shall be wearing mundane clothes, such as
light coloured tops to signify good and innocence. This shall show them
to be the heroes of the opening scene.
The themes of threat and pursuing shall
featured through out the opening scene,
as well as themes of death, investigation
and uncovering conspiracies.
Our film shall be certificate 15, as it
will include murder, violence,
references to drug use and swearing.
Our film shall include Thriller genre codes and conventions such as the
• Good Vs. Evil
• Cat and Mouse Chase
• Death and theme of threat
• Urban city setting
• Hidden identities
• Conspiracy theories