How the people of a small town on the cross road to the silk road in Persia used micro-climate and their local materials to create energy-efficient buildings.
- Assess how they have used sun, wind and water
- Passive solar design
- Landscape and thermal mass to transform a harsh natural environment into comfortable spaces
- Evaluate innovative uses of local material in their buildings
- Santa Fe architecture and similarities to Persian architecture
- Observe the use of these techniques in modern architecture