Only one slide, but we’ll spend some time here just discussing each – the truths and fallacies behind each as it relates to TA.
Bring Scott in for 12 and 13
CareerBuilder has worked with GFJ since it’s inception on what that schema should look like. This will ultimately increase your traffic.
Discussion slide – sourcing tech can now, from your job posting, find candidates inside and outside of your system, contact these candidates, pre-screen these candidates, and set up the first interview. Any questions!?
Obvious talent shortage/low employment. Workers looking for ‘flexibility’, not necessarily remote. GenZ entering workforce – they are not Millennials. Does it even matter? You need to start building your own talent (apprenticeships, interns, etc.) Employee Experience – the best hire is the one you don’t have to make.
HRU Technical Resources
• Tim Sackett is not a robot,
but he often plays on the
• TA blogger and TA Tech
• Kris Dunn is an expert in pop
culture references related to
• Fistful of Talent founder and
• Scott Helmes is SVP of Product
Development at CareerBuilder
• IU grad and Bobby Knight disciple
• Did his MBA in London so he has a
good British accent for an
sick of hearing
Let’s Play a Game!
You Tell Me – Is it a
“Discovering” talent that has
already told you they’re
Talent You Kn ow
The most underutilized TA
resource we have in the
world are those people who
already said they want to
work for you!
Talent th at Kn ows You
Talent Discovery is about
letting machine learning
match talent to your
L et th e System Do I t!
#1 – Talent Discovery
What You Need to Know
• Your entire recruitment strategy under
ONE umbrella and login
• Integrated market data allows for targeted
search and match
• Machine learning/automation gives you
great efficiency and precision
• All of your talent in one place
• Real CRM functionality to communicate
with candidates and leverage analytics
#2 – Say Hello to Multi-Channel Communication
Email response rates have
stalled, but still are
What’s the triple threat of
Most TA shops are not
utilizing text messaging
Texting and Recruiting
• Most ATSs still don’t allow text
• We haven’t established rules of
etiquette when it comes to
texting and recruiting.
• Using your personal cell phone
or work cell phone is not the
• Opt-in and opt-out for mass text
#3 – The Job Schema is Changing!
Where your jobs rank on
What you have in your
job posting matters
The hoops you make
candidates jump through
The Google for Jobs Primer
Google ranks your jobs using a
number of variables.
Your job postings are about to
look a bit different!
Specific location is critical.
Salary the job will pay is critical.
Your reputation now matters.
Lack of friction in apply will win.
#4 – The Role of a Sourcer Will Never Be the Same!
Is Sourcing Dead?
• Sourcing technology is so
advanced that it’s better than
most sourcers you have in your
• Boolean is no longer needed
with most new tools.
• “Artificial Intelligent” sourcing
technology is basically
eliminating an entire function.
#5 – Recruitment Metrics Have Gone Mainstream
Our Favorite Way to Measure Recruiter Performance
• There must be an activity component.
• QoH can get messy, and it’s arguably
not even a recruiter performance
• Source of hire and cost of source per
hire should be foundational.
• Don’t let your hiring managers off the
hook when it comes to selection.
• Talent Discovery – Truly engaging talent that has already shown interest in you!
• Multi-Channel Communication Strategies – Phone, email, text, messaging, smoke signals!
• Understanding Your Job Schema, its importance and how it impacts your results.
• The Impact of Intelligent Automation and AI on Sourcing
• Ramping up Your Recruitment Metrics to prove value
Talent Acquisition Trends for 2018