With the Common Core State Standards (CCSS), teachers in all subject areas must now share the responsibility for teaching literacy in every classroom. These new requirements make it vital that you and your staff understand the standards for literacy and how to incorporate them into lessons and classroom activities.
• Choose Vocabulary strategically
• Include More Primary Sources and juxtapose against secondary sources
• Introduce 21st Century Sources
• Ask thought-provoking questions
• Emphasize writing arguments