Nowadays every man and his dog has a blog, you cansearch online for a matter of minutes and find someoneranting about just about any topic anywhere. The reasonthey have become so popular, is because they are a greatway to spread your news, ideas and because they drivetraffic directly to your site and can often increase sales.The great thing about blogging is that you can write aboutwhat you want, without restrictions no matter how nicheyour audience is.Not everyone has the literary excellence of JK Rowling or thecommand of language like Jane Austin, so to make things alittle easier, these are Xposure’s top tips for becoming anamazing writer.
1. Be concise and clearHave short sentences and paragraphs that aredirect and straight to the point. This will keep youraudience’s attention for longer, without theintimidating masses of black text on a whitebackground.
2. Stay on topicAs easy as it is to let your mind wander, and yourpen digress, stick to your initial points and only addinformation that is relevant and interesting.Readers aren’t always that interested in yourfavourite soap, or what you’ve eaten that day…
3. Use interesting sub-headings to break up largequantities of text. Strong headlines will grab a readersattention and keep them hooked!
4. Use simple words.Where ever you can, use the simplest way you can todescribe what it is you are talking about. Although it canmake you feel intelligent to use the longer words, ifaudiences don’t understand it, they won’t read it!
5. Use active sentences to keep your workimmediate, relevant and up to the minute. Passivesentences are often longer than active ones, meaningyou waste your valuable word count, on unnecessaryphrases.
6. Take all the words that aren’t necessary out! Getrid of ‘really’ make ‘very’ vanish.You don’t needthem, and just make your writing fluffy andunnecessarily long!
7. Spell check your work.No one likes coming across errors in writing, it makes itlook lazy or rushed or uncared for, so make sure youcheck thoroughly to avoid any mistakes slippingthrough the net, and making your efforts go to waste.
8. Write a lot.Whenever you can, get writing! The more you write, thebetter your writing will become, and like any muscle,you need to keep it exercised to keep it strong.
The final tip is, when you think you’ve written enough, Write even more!Or alternatively, let us do it for you!