Enterprise Framework to ensure Stakeholder(s)Investments are safe and Investor Interests are maximised. “Everything else is jargon”
The Software Enable, Tools Suite, Product & Platform. Business Model(s), Methods, Systems, Workflow, Process, Standards, Systems & Campaigns. The Firm! Consultant(s) & Expert(s) Individual(s) OR Firm(s)
In a Nutshell Features Benefits1. Focus on Strategic and Tactical 1. VisionMission alignment, Execution, rather than Operational. Monitoring and Efficacy of Decisions. 2. Functional Integration 2. NOT Modular, nor limited to HR, Finance, Sales, Marketing, Delivery, Logistics etc. No dependency on IT and Techies. 3. Knowledge Management, 3. Not just data, Software and IT. Options of Business Models, Select a Global Best Practice 4. Open Architecture; Linux / unix and Open. 4. Work with existing investments in IT. Less dependency on the Consulting Big 5. Biological design. Boys with improved security and control. 6. Low Total Cost of Ownership; 5. Focus specific – extremely flexible. Quick Return on Investment. 7. Works with lower PC 6. TCO of 30% and less than Global Penetration. Competition. 7. Lower costs; Bridge the digital Divide with a flatter and leaner organisation with a dis appearing Corporate Ladder. 8. Project Management 8. Large Multiple Complex Collaborative Projects – Controlling Risk 9. MACS 9. Effective Management Accounting and Control System.
Management Accounting &Control System (MACS) Financial Accounting Management AccountingAudience External stockholders, creditors, Internal workers, managers and tax authorities executives.Purpose Report on past performance to Inform internal decisions made by external parties; contracts with employees and managers, feedback owners and lenders. and control on operating performance.Timeliness Delayed historical Current, future oriented.Restrictions Regulated; rules driven by No regulations. Systems and generally accepted accounting information determined by principles and government management to meet strategic, authorities. tactical and operational needs.Type of Financial measurement only Financial plus operational andInformation physical measurements on processes, technologies, suppliers, customers and competition.Nature of Objective, auditable, reliable, More subjective and judgemental,Information consistent, precise. valid, relevant and accurate.Scope Highly aggregate. Report on Dis-aggregate; drill-down; information entire organisation. on local decisions and action.
Trying to describe A. MACRO …. Category. q It’s a KM Tool. (Knowledge Management) q ERP. q BI. (Business Intelligence and Business Modeling). q DSS. (Decision Support System)? q SI. (Systems Integration) Tool? q Software for Software? OR Framework for Consulting? q SaaS. (Software as a Service). q New Economy Information Management Tool? q Decision Execution System. B. Micro … q MODULAR – Functional … • HRPMS. Finance. Sales. Logistics. HeadOffice q MODULAR – Area … • Documentation. Management; Sales Incentives Management; PMS; q MODULAR – Services … • Endofday Consolidation; PostdatedCheque Management; Performance Appraisal; Assessments; Verification System; Risk Metrics System; Cardholder database System … q MODULAR – Industry … • TeleComm.; Education; Retail; Agro. Manufacturing; q MODULAR – Digital Content Delivery.
Business Models 1. Product. • Servercentric N Managers X users License. • Select from 60+ Modules, 500+ Features. • Pay for what you use – Use what you pay for. 2. SaaS; ASP OR Software on Demand • Captive or Shared; VPN or Internet Deployed. • Per transaction or Per month usage. 3. Consulting or Practice i. Business Model. Strategy Alignment. Programme Priorities. ii. Product selection, configuration & deployment to meet Model or Programme. iii. Managed Services. (Fixed or variable, Staffing, out sourced and related options).
Your focus MACS HR CIS CRM SCM PLM PIE 1 IT and ITES A A A 2 Manufacturing A A A A A A A 3 Trading A A A A A A A 4 Agriculture A A A A A A 5 Aviation A A A A A A A 6 Education A A A A 7 Retail A A A A A A 8 TeleComm. A A A A A A A 9 Convergence A A A A A 10 Banking/Insurance A A A A A AMACS = Management Accounting & Control System, Finance HR = Human Resources CIS = Customer, Supplier, Distributor and/or Retailer Information System CRM = Marketing, Sales, Customer Support & Quality Assurance. After Market Services. SCM = Procurement, Purchase, Warehousing, Logistics, Inventory, BillofMaterials PLM = Capacity, Plan, Make or Buy, In and Field Stocking, Installed Base, AfterMarket potential PIE = Workflow, Documentation, Process Improvement, Cycletime reduction, Cost Controls.
• Different purposes at different times; depending on the Market circumstances and Current Internal needs. Example our ‘Top 3’ priorities this Quarter … e fit • Like a newspaper; you read only what B en you want, when you want it and what concerns you that day. Everyone gets the Key same daily. • Imagine … if the Team can can use 1. Flexibility different parts of the multipurpose tool at the same time ...
2. Disruptive Technology HR IT Culture A Culture B Management Finance Management Finance Mfg.Delivery Mfg.Delivery HR IT Field Forces Suppliers & Logistics Customers Field Forces Suppliers & Logistics Customers Finance Mfg.Delivery Management HR IT Field Forces Suppliers & Logistics Customers New Economy Culture C
3. Focus on FOCUS ef it 1. People. Performance vs B en 2. Behaviour. Collaborative Communications. Key 3. Asset and Investment Performance Management. 4. Cash. 5. Balanced Scorecard. i. Financial Perspective. ii. External Customers Perspective. More iii. Internal Perspective. COMPLEXITY Fix the Do it iv. Learning & Growth. DEGREE OF Complexity Differently 6. Process Improvement. 7. Documentation Management & Controls. 8. Content availability. Training Do it Do it Administration & Learning Cheaper Better Goals. 9. Motivation, Incentives, Reward Less & Recognition. Operational Transformation 10. Identifications, Authorisation & Efficiency Security. (Plastic Cards). 11. Risk Practices with measures and OBJECTIVES Metrics.
ne fit 4. TCO of 30% to 5% Be Key MNC Product or ERP clextra System & Solution 1. Infrastructure / Hardware 1. Infrastructure / Hardware 1. Server(s). 100 1. Server(s). 50 2. Client(s). 100 2. Client(s). 5 3. Connectivity 100 3. Connectivity 80 4. Bandwidth. 100 4. Bandwidth. 40 2. Software 2. Software 1. Server Licenses. 100 1. Server Licenses. 30 2. Client Licenses. 100 2. Client Licenses. 15 3. ServicesSupport 3. ServicesSupport 1. Time to Deploy. 100 1. Time to Deploy. 30 2. PersonMonths. 100 2. PersonMonths. 10 3. PersonHour Rates. 100 3. PersonHour Rates. 20 4. Other Support Costs. 100 4. Other Support Costs. 20 TOTAL 1000 TOTAL 300 Comparated to Global Competitors ….TCO = Total Cost of Ownership
5. Better Value for money TRADITIONAL. The BIG WAY … The clextra WAY … •… Highend Computing 50% •… Minimal Computing 40% •… Microsoft 30% •… Unixlinux. Open Source. 5% •… SAP or Oracle 15% •… clextra 5% •… THEN WHAT? 5% •… INFORMATION FOCUS. 50% ne fit Be Key Hardware Systems Software Application Software Information * Given the same $$$ budget or Expenditure.** Focus on Know-how from Information and Technology .
6. Enterprise Information 1. Focus on Corporate Information … vs Individual Power. 2. Behavioural aspects of e fit Information Acquisition and Dissemination. Human B en endeavour, values, lifestyles. Key3. Differentiate between ‘Data’, ‘Information’ and ‘Knowhow’. 4. The essence of ‘Knowledge’ is in ‘Applying it’ – Confucius. 5. Information Focus. Information Priority. Information Cost. Return on Information. 6. Intellectual Property. Patents, Copyrights, Trademarks, Trade secrets … 7. Information paradox. “Information at the clickofa button” is a myth and a reality. 8. Control. Central vs Distributed. 9. Risk. Information to manage …
7. Open Technology 1. Linux (unix) based. ne fit2. Import and Export data easily. Be Key3. Integrate with any other Applications including our Competitors. 4. Designed groundup for the Internet. 5. ServerSide. Potential to upgrade to any technology in PC, Clients, Mobile, AutoID or future gadget access. 6. Selfsufficiency. Not dependent on the Big5, EY, PWC, Microsoft’s, SAP’s, Oracles and the IBM’s of this world. 7. Client licenses a factor of load (NOT users). 8. Bridging the Digital Divide even within your Firm.
8. Less dependence on Traditional IT. • Throw out the Techie Cartel. • Focus on your corecompetence. • Build Internal Functional Knowhow. • Know and Listen to Customers. • Listen and engage your Colleagues. CxO focus … not the CTOProtect existing investments in IT infrastructure • clextra requires lower computing server AND clients than MS Windows based Microsoft, SAP, Oracle etc. • Server based architecture requires Thinner Clients and Client licenses. • Optimised for low bandwidth utilisation. fit• Integration with existing Applications. ne• Export / Import using CSV and Spreadsheets. Be Key
9. Not just Software I. Data, Information, Analytics, Patterns to Know How. II. Process & Method for workflow. III. Best Practice Options. IV. Business Models options. V. Content Management options. VI. Guru OR Expert advice implementation. VII. Export / Import from any other Software. VIII. Integrate with devices and gadgets. IX. Variety of PAYMENT options in the clextra Chain. X. FOCUS on Customers’ Customer(s) ne fit Be Key
10. It s just a tool but!!! 1. It’s got Diagnostics to test the health of your Enterprise. 2. It’s got Best Practice options to select the optimal treatment of THE disease in your Enterprise. 3. Helps select a Focus and Priority, to ensure a focus on the Treatment that YOU and I select. 4. User definable Automation levels – 1% to 100% to implement your Business Rules. 5. It has Monitoring and Assessment tools to ensure that the desired course is followed AND/OR decide a course is not working and to change this course. Not just … … but
Physical Storage Library Science Museum Cataloging Content Dewey Decimal OR Library Acquired or of Congress Disseminated Taxonomy Knowledge Of any list Structured Virtual Storage Unstructured Any multimedia File Syllabus i3S Methodology Systematic Method of Learning. Ownership Digital Rights Usage Tracking Cash Security * Integrity * Sharing Chart of Accounts Metrics & Ratios Structured Risk Management Systems Grouping fit Of assets Of things Programming ne Of people Software Programs Databases & Tables y Be Geography Ke Demography Instances etc. Psychography Focus Project Six Sigma. Grill Feature. Management Search Information Costing. Inventory Dimensioning. JobsOrders Structured Storage TasksActivities Structured Retrieve Financial Metrics. Workflow Bibliography Risk Factors. Cycles Ranking & Rating.
11. New Economy Design 1. Internet and clextra • Always on. Interactive. Lowcost. 2. Mobile and clextra • ServerSide. Future Client access. • Anywhere. Secure. Payment. • PLUS cards. Authentication and ID. 3. Functions and clextra • Finance – People need cash, use cash, manage cash. • Sales – Some people need things; other people have things; People match these people. • Purchase – People need things; People know where to get it. • Manufacturing or Delivery – People use things to make things; People make quality things or shoddy things. • Risk Management 4. People and clextra • People work for people; People achieve things; People manage risk. • People are human beings. Idiosyncrasies, fear, greed … beliefs, values. 5. Business and clextra • Business Models. Global Engagement. Local challenges. e fit • Extreme Competition. B en Key
12. Enhance your ERP ne fit BeMarion’s 12 obstacles clextra View K ey1. Understanding the importance of 1. Change Management using clextra change management. . 2. Picking software before deciding on 2. We offer Business, IT and Business Process. Management Consulting first. 3. Fine tuning ERP to exactly match 3. We agree. your business. . 4. Underbudgeting for training. 4. Cost of training is MUCH lower. 5. Embracing a ‘bigbang’ whole 5. We agree. company approach. . 6. Giving shortshrift to vendor 6. Do not think big names such as SAP, selection. Oracle, Microsoft are …. IT. 7. Keeping legacy systems alive. 7. Keep your USEFUL systems alive. 8. Fragmenting development by 8. Develop and Prioritise by Integrated department or location. Functionality. 9. Allowing apathy (or not my job) at 9. You are the top. Make everyone a the Top. part of the nonapathy. 10. Relying on your new ERP for 10. Use clextra as a Management conventional Management Reporting. Accounting and Control Tool instead. 11. Trusting ‘open systems’ promises 11. clextra is designed, ‘Open’ and will from the ERP interfaces. stay ‘Open’. 12. Assuming ERP is a project with a 12. We agree. finite timetable. .
13. Enterprise Convergence ne fit Display Signage Be Interactive Kiosks Key Front-end Browser MobileThin-Client(s) Middleware SMS-WAP PC s Server Centric Devices Handheld(s) RFID Smartcard Camera Stations Surveillance Camera(s)
14. Enterprise Application(s) Integration TEAM 1. Increase Revenue Individual Performance Performance Assessment, 2. Reduce Expenses Assessment, Measurement Measurement 3. Communicate Better & Management & Management 4. Employee Know how Self Service ne fit Models, Options, Be ey Methods, Roles Competency Maps. K Integrated Enterprise Decision Taking Workflow Information Execution Monitoring electronic Distribution System Audit, Records and Internet Archival System Browserbased 24x7x365 Management Remote Accounting & Multilocation Control System
15. Unique amongst ERP likes e fit Ben y1. ONLY functionally integrated. Ke2. Does NOT require ABAP (or other Programming knowledge). 3. Does NOT require BPR. (Business Process Reengineering). Can be configured and adapted to your Process. 4. Flexible and adaptable. Nothing is frozen over time. Change configurations; reduce or increase usage; include or exclude modules. 5. DO NOT be bogged down by ISO (and other timewasting standards or process and AUTOMATION of the RIDICULOUS). 6. Makes a real difference on a Quarterly Changes to adapt to market realities and your Business BottomLine. 7. Quicker, easier, cheaper and more easily deployed than ANY OTHER ERP in the global market. 8. A catch you need to have SMART people to do this.
16. No B.P.R. 1. Business Process Reengineering is a prerequisite for any other major ERP. 2. The claim … its done before; we know best; it’s the best practice; this is how to do it; we’ll tell you; do it this way. Our way. 3. This saves THEM costs; time and and they earn MONEY lots of CASH if you adapt. 4. If you get a 100% your way; then you are buying BESPOKE, CUSTOM software, unique to you NOT a product. 5. clextra is the ONLY ERP that ALLOWS you to configure the ERP to your BUSINESS PROCESS and way of working. 6. You ONLY have to learn how to use the Software.
17. Structured and Systemic Data 1. By default and forced into Information Analysis, a Methodology, Work Flow and/or Best Practice in ANY modules. 2. Structured and Systemic method of ‘Geography’. eg. inKAblrANNW04. 13 character coding. 3. Mapping and Artworks 2 x 100 (any further number) of P_NNN or L_NNN visuals. 4. EPC, GPS and coord Fields. 5. Teams of 10 x 7 x max(26). 6. Structured and Systemic method of Multimedia (ANY media – Text, Video, Audio, Visual) file using the GiCA MBSP system, for upload, storage, retrieval, Ownership, Access, Sequencing, Usage. 7. Households of Demographic, Psychographics Groups. 8. Financial and/or Management Account Heads. 9. Campaigns. 10. Subscriptions Options. 11. Socket programming access for automation. 12. 10’s of 100’s Supported Global Best Practices and Functional Models include. 13. Financial and Risk Metrics, Ratios etc. for ANY and ALL data.
18. Finance Focus (Finance-4 Maps)1. Increase Revenue 2. Reduce Expenses 1. Identify, recognise and reward 1. Identify, recognise and reward your Best your most effective SalesPersons. Performers. 2. Know more about your most 2. Know more about the Suppliers who profitable customers. give you the best Return on Investment. (ROI) 3. Better PriceLists Management. Allow for currency fluctuation, 3. Compute and know the Total Cost of demand and supply etc. Ownership (TCO) of every Asset. 4. Leverage the Internet. Implement 4. Know the ‘Risk Metrics’ of every area an eCatalogue. of your Business. 5. Centralised Order Acceptance. 5. Identify and focus on the ONE thing 6. Collect cash effectively. from last years Expenses. 7. In a Pareto 8020 ‘lateral focus’ on 6. Task and empower a keyperson with the 80% and NOT just the obvious this. 20%. 7. This person with this task needs 8. It’s really the incremental the last information, drilldown and oneclick 5% that could be 50% of YOUR decision making options. PROFIT. 8. Pull out the next blade. 9. Metrics and Math driven. 3. People Growth 4. Collaborative Communications 1. Identify, recognise and reward your 1. Identify, recognise and reward your most effective Leaders. most talented Employee(s). 2. Most ‘execution’ globally fails due 2. What exactly is a person doing 8 to a lack of focus on teams. hours a day? Execution is all about collaboration 3. People work for people – people do and delivery by a team. not work for organisations. Who is 3. Enterprise must have a stateofthe each reporting to? art technology and a framework that 4. Rewards and additional allows teams to collaborate. responsibility must come from the 4. A singlebee can only do so much. Immediate Superior. What are the other bees in THAT hive doing? 5. Recongition from the Senior 5. A single hive can excel – how many Leaders in the firm. You climb but hives do you have? Does the colony on the shoulders of giants. thrive because of it? 6. Talent and QueenBees have to be managed and nurtured – however with the Enterprise and Community purpose constantly in focus.
KEY TAKE-AWAYS 1. Networking. Resource(s) Sharing. (Physical and Virtual). 2. No prerequisite for BPR (Business Process Reengineering). 3. Internet (and browser) enabled. 24x7x365 anytime, anyplace. 4. Enterprise Productivity NOT Individual Productivity. 5. Everything is a Project. With a start and finish. Has risks. 6. Not just a Tool … Best Practice; Processes and Methodologies; Enterprise Models; Business Rules; Know how AND Systems. 7. Finance everywhere. It’s all about moneyhoney; Cash is king. 8. TOP to BOTTOM. Strategic Planning; Tactical Decision—Making AND Operational Execution. 9. HORIZONTAL & VERTICAL – Manufacturing; HR; Finance; Marketing; Sales; Logistics; Automating ICT Automation; Agro.; Healthcare; BIFS; Infrastructure; Education … 10. Cost reduction due to Open Source technologies. Lower (TCO) Total Cost of Ownership. Quicker Return on Investment. (ROI) 11. Revenue increase due to improved People Relationships – Investors, Staff, Customers, Suppliers & Wellwishers. 12. No need for Programmers and expensive Techies. 13. Time to DEPLOY is quicker, faster and cheaper than any other ERP. 14. IMPORT – EXPORT Integration with ANY Legacy Application. 15. Interface with Automation, Devices, Field Equipment, Mobile
Scope of Supply CONSULTING. DATA. IT Raw Data? Needs Hosting, Information? Firewalls, OS, Know how? Web Servers, Databases, Intelligence? Tools & Integration Components CONTENT. Crash MBA. TQPM. Process. MODELS. Psychology. Your, Our OR Market Process, Methods, Metrics, Norms or Rules of Business
Expertise Spread for Success No BPR Admin. Usage 38% 12% 50%Hardware 20% Software 65% Services 15%
Pricing Models (options) 1. Standard Licensing++ Instead of enduser licenses we have a Serverside licensing; making the TCO much lower. Supply will be on a fullyloaded Server. Usually internal / Intranet 2. Monthly Subscription (Software as a Service) Monthly subscription for predefined ‘menu’ of hardware availability + systems software + software applications + clextra Modules + business models + consulting + support + services. Usually online with regional or global SECURE availability. 3. Transaction Billing Pay per use. For each transaction eg. HR periodic Performance appraisal; Insurance Claim; Security Verification check; Documentation Storage & Retrieval .. etc. Usually with near SECURE open login based availability. 4. Business Alliance ICT is an integral part and heartheat of you business. Outsource this as a Managed Service partner. We’ll take ALL or SOME of your costs … we can form a timebound JV or LLP/LLC. A percentage of your Revenue or Expenses is ours.
All I want is a simple system. 1. “If you pay peanuts you get monkeys”. Don’t get ‘sapped’ nor ‘confused with oracular diatribe’. 2. Go for the Big’un … provided it has these : 1. A central anytime, anywhere location for Planning and Managing Multiple Projects. 2. The ability for Users and Project Teams to update their own Tasks Status. 3. Notification to Project Managers and Workers when Tasks parameters are changed with clear reasons why and when Tasks are complete. 4. The ability to share all related notes and Project Documents on Tasks and Projects. 5. Visibility accountability, responsibilities, authority, priorities and risks across Multiple Projects.
Further 1. Corporate website … http://edgevalue.com 2. Product website … http://clextra.com 3. Send us an email … firstname.lastname@example.org 4. Call us on hand phone … 919845061870 5. Contact a Channel Partner or Consultant nearyou … 6. Available on request … ü Case Studies. ü Customers over 2, 5 and 20 years. ü Business Models Supported. ü Functional Range of Modules. ü Verticals or Horizontals ü List of Partners / Consultants ü Geographical coverage. 7. Service Models & Support 8. Commercial Options as Enduser, Intermediary or Investor/Partner.
Partnership Brands 1. Our Software Platform 2. Method (Options) 3. Training Suite. 4. All_India SupportServices. 5. India & Global Consortium