Successfully reported this slideshow.
We use your LinkedIn profile and activity data to personalize ads and to show you more relevant ads. You can change your ad preferences anytime.
Change bang
Always ready for change
www.gabimanole.ro
It is everything in the news!
109766 results on Amazon.com
Forecast: 75% chances to fail
 A new study by Towers Watson has found that only 25% of change management initiatives are
...
Why?
 to adapt to new customer
 to adapt to new requirements
 new owners of the company
 new team members
 more team ...
When?
 Always
 Never
 At dinner or breakfast
 Too late
 Too early
What is your destination?
Change with the end in mind
Change is very emotional
Change is very rational
Change management models
 John Kotter - XLR8
 ADKAR: Awareness, Desire, Knowledge, Adoption, Reinforcement
 Kurt Lewin'...
Lewin’s Model
Unfreeze
•Decrease strengths of
old values, attitudes,
behaviors
•Decrease resisting
forces against
•Ensures...
ProSci ADKAR Model
Everything is the same
 Identify the need
 Sell it to the right people
 Deploy the change
 Make sure it lasts
Change agents
 The success of any kind of social epidemic is heavily dependent on
the involvement of people with a partic...
Failing to change
Resistance to change
 Emotional resistance
 Comfort zones
 Loose of advantages
 Loose of status quo
The hard facts
 Time, money, resource, profits
 Abilities
 Commitment of management
The traps
 Lack of communication
 Not following the plan
 Wrong destination
 Not enough adopters
 Not involving the p...
Adaptive change
 Redefine small steps on the road
 Check acceptance over the road
 Make small changes
THANK YOU for ATTENTION!
Visit www.gabimanole.ro to get
the slides next week!
Change bang
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in …5
×

Change bang

557 views

Published on

Change management in 60 minutes

Published in: Business
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

Change bang

  1. 1. Change bang Always ready for change www.gabimanole.ro
  2. 2. It is everything in the news! 109766 results on Amazon.com
  3. 3. Forecast: 75% chances to fail  A new study by Towers Watson has found that only 25% of change management initiatives are successful over the long term. While this may come as no shock – substantive change in organizations with entrenched cultures is always difficult – the study adds new data to an ongoing discussion.  Some highlights from the study, the 2013 Change and Communication ROI Survey, which involved 276 large and midsize organizations from North America, Europe and Asia:  Employers felt 55% of change management initiatives met initial objectives, but only 25% felt gains were sustained over time.  87% of respondents trained their managers to “manage change,” but only (a dismal) 22% felt the training was actually effective.  68% of senior managers said they’re “getting the message” about reasons for major organizational changes, but that figure falls to 53% for middle managers and 40% for front-line supervisors. FORBES
  4. 4. Why?  to adapt to new customer  to adapt to new requirements  new owners of the company  new team members  more team members  change of technologies  invent something new  be ahead of competition  What happens if you don’t change?
  5. 5. When?  Always  Never  At dinner or breakfast  Too late  Too early
  6. 6. What is your destination?
  7. 7. Change with the end in mind
  8. 8. Change is very emotional
  9. 9. Change is very rational
  10. 10. Change management models  John Kotter - XLR8  ADKAR: Awareness, Desire, Knowledge, Adoption, Reinforcement  Kurt Lewin's: Unfreeze, Change, Freeze  Others that you might invent
  11. 11. Lewin’s Model Unfreeze •Decrease strengths of old values, attitudes, behaviors •Decrease resisting forces against •Ensures people are ready for change Change •Execution of intended change •Involve people •Dispel rumors •Empower change Refreeze •Anchor changes into culture •Develop ways to sustain the change •CELEBRATE SUCCESS!
  12. 12. ProSci ADKAR Model
  13. 13. Everything is the same  Identify the need  Sell it to the right people  Deploy the change  Make sure it lasts
  14. 14. Change agents  The success of any kind of social epidemic is heavily dependent on the involvement of people with a particular and rare set of social gifts.  Malcolm Gladwell  Clear vision  Patient but persistent  Asks tough questions  Knowledgeable and leads by example  Strong relationships built on trust  Your change efforts is highly dependable on coalitions and change agents
  15. 15. Failing to change
  16. 16. Resistance to change  Emotional resistance  Comfort zones  Loose of advantages  Loose of status quo
  17. 17. The hard facts  Time, money, resource, profits  Abilities  Commitment of management
  18. 18. The traps  Lack of communication  Not following the plan  Wrong destination  Not enough adopters  Not involving the people (failing to form a coalition)  Too complex changes  No short term results realized  Declaring the victory too soon  Change is not for the leadership only!
  19. 19. Adaptive change  Redefine small steps on the road  Check acceptance over the road  Make small changes
  20. 20. THANK YOU for ATTENTION! Visit www.gabimanole.ro to get the slides next week!

×