• President: Stacy Merrick
• Vice President: Amy Dobrzynski
• Special Projects Director: Faye Fang
• Special Events Director: Maria Mayorga
• Michelle McGowan: Public Relations Director
• Secretary: Taylor Bridgers
• Treasurer: Allison Barnes
• Faculty Advisor: Napoleon Byars
What is PRSSA?
• PRSSA is the world’s largest and most widely known pre-
professional public relations organization. Founded in 1968
by its parent society, the Public Relations Society of
America (PRSA), the organization has more than 8,000
members and 250 chapters across the country.
• UNC-CH’s chapter currently boasts more than 80 members.
– To serve our members by enhancing their knowledge of public
relations and providing access to professional development
– To serve the public relations profession by helping to develop
highly qualified, well-prepared professionals.
This year with Carolina PRSSA
• Meetings every 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each
month with monthly themes.
– Meeting 1: Speakers, more instructive,
– Meeting 2: Interactive workshop exploring the
MEETINGS ARE ALWAYS AT 7 pm IN CARROLL 143
This Year continued….
• Social opportunities
• PR competitions
• Community service opportunities
• Networking Nights
• National Conference in Washington, D.C.
• Involvement with PRSA-NC
• Dues are $65 per year
– $50 for National PRSSA dues
– $15 for our Chapter PRSSA dues
DUES MUST BE TURNED IN BY OCT 15
Contact Allison Barnes (email@example.com) with any
• UNC’s student-run strategic communications
• Carolina PRSSA combined forces with UNC’s
Ad Club in 2009 to allow advertising and
public relations students to gain real-world
experience with the support of the School of
Journalism and Mass Communication.
INTEREST MEETING: Sept 15, 7pm,