UNITS 10 - 12: CHALLENGEUNITS 10 - 12: CHALLENGE
--- Jobs // Opinion Adjectives (to talk
about your favourite singer, sports star
--- Present Perfect (with the adverbs just,
never,ever, already, yet, since and for)
WHAT DO THESE PEOPLEWHAT DO THESE PEOPLE
• He is Indiana Jones.
• He spends his life looking for ancient
• He loves taking part in excavations.
• He is an a_c_a_ol_g_st
• I spend my life designing beautiful houses
for my clients
• I read a lot about new and old building
• I am very good at drawing plans
• I am an a_ch_ _ ec_
• He has run thousands of marathons
• He has participated in two Olympic Games
• He is an _ _ hl_ t_
• I treat patients with terrible toothaches
• I am a d _nt_s_
• I grow vegetables and crops
• I have a lot of chickens, cows and horses
in my house
• I live in the countryside
• I am a f_r_e_
• I rescue people who are about to drown in
• I work on beaches and near lakes or rivers
• I am very good at swimming
• I am a l_f_g_ar_
• I work in a means of transport
• I fly planes
• I take passengers on my planes
• I am a p_ _ ot
• I know a lot about laws and legislation
• I have clients who have legal problems
• I work at a court of law
• I am a l_w_ _r
• I take care of people in the street
• I catch and arrest criminals every day
• I wear a blue uniform and black boots
• I am a p_l_c_ of_ic_r
• I have a lot of students
• I work in schools
• I write on a blackboard
• I am a t_a_ _er
• I sell products in a shop
• I help customers choose and buy things at
• I am a s_op as_is_a_t
• I cut people´s hair
• I also change my customers´ hairstyles
• I change the colour of their hair
• I am a h_ir_re_ _ e_
PRESENT PERFECTPRESENT PERFECT
• USE 2 :Unspecified time before now
---To talk about an action that happened at
an unspecified time before now (the
exact time of this past action isn´t
mentioned or known)
• You CANNOT use the Present Perfect with
specific time expressions such as: yesterday, one
year ago, last week, when I was a child, when I
lived in Japan, at that moment, that day, one day,
• We CAN use the Present Perfect with unspecific
expressions such as: ever, never, once, many
times, several times, before, already, yet, etc.
• I have seen that movie twenty times.
• I think I have met him once before.
• There have been many earthquakes in
• People have travelled to the Moon.
• People have not travelled to Mars.
• Have you read the book yet?
• Sam has never climbed that mountain.
• A: Has there ever been a war in the United
B: Yes, there has been a war in the United
PRESENT PERFECT ADVBERSPRESENT PERFECT ADVBERS
• EVER : only in questions about experiences
• Meaning: “alguna vez…?”
--- Have you ever been to Peru?
--- Has Peter ever seen an UFO?
• NEVER: only in affirmative sentences
• Meaning: “nunca”
--- They have never written an email.
--- She has never met a famous singer.
• ALREADY: in affirmative sentences
• Meaning: “ya…”
--- I have already finished my homework.
--- My dog has already eaten its food.
• YET: in questions
• Meaning: “ya…?”
--- Have you arrived at the station yet?
--- Has Federer won the Roland Garros
• YET: in negative sentences
• Meaning: “aún, todavía”
--- We haven´t gone on holiday yet.
--- Paul hasn´t written the letter yet.
• JUST: in affirmative sentences
• Meaning: “recién, acabo de…”
---The students have just finished the test.
--- Sam has just left home.
• SINCE: + a point of time
• Meaning: “desde...hasta el presente”
--- We have lived in Bariloche since 1981.
--- Sam has been married since Christmas.
• FOR: + period of time
• Meaning: “durante…”
--- I have danced tango for 23 years.
---Carol has taught French for three weeks.
MULTI – PART VERBSMULTI – PART VERBS
• PULL TROUGH: survive
• GIVE UP: stop fighting
• CARRY ON: continue
• DEAL WITH: face and solve