[Nicole Carey, Mary-Anne Murphy, Joseph
Forsyth, Leon Enwia]
- Jalapeño Hotshots
- We are students from Cardinal Wiseman
- For students and adults who forget their Oysters
- When going on the bus or the train, in the mornings, going to work
school and any other use.
- on a smartphone
- to save kids from loosing their oysters and have to pay, most if not all
children bring phones to school so they wont have to worry about
forgetting or loosing their oysters.
The problem we are trying to solve is that, when
you loose or forget your oyster you have to pay
£2.20 on the bus. Some children don’t bring
money or spend it in the shops and are left in a
pickle and in the worst case scenario they might
be late to school.
•How can you
avoid having to
pay £2.20 on a
Key insight statement(s)
You are running late for school/ you run for the
bus you get on and realise you forgot your
oyster/ the bus driver tells you to get off
because you have no money to pay the bus fair/
you are late for school? You have your phone on
you but not your oyster if only you had an oyster
on your phone.
Mini Elevator Pitch
My team, jalapeño hotshots, is developing a virtual oyster
to help students and adults get on any public transport without
the worry of forgetting your oyster and having to pay the bus fair.
Oyster card app
• We are the Jalapeño Hotshots, and we are developing a native app(mobile
app) to make life on public transport easier, tidier and quicker ! Our app is
an Oyster card app for transport in London. The main feature of this app is
you can register your oyster card onto the app, and from there on, if you
ever forget your Oyster card you can use your phone as your Oyster.
Another feature of the app is you can top up your oyster using the mobile
app so that you don't have to wait in line to use the top up machine at the
train station. You do this using your debit/credit card!
Every one we interviewed uses public transport and everyone
uses an oyster, half of the people we interviewed have a
smartphone and will be able to access our app. The majority of
people said this app will be useful to them.
Competitors or alternative solutions
that already exist in the market
Oyster info app, this app doesn’t allow you to
scan your oyster or top up.
Oyster balance and refund, again you cant scan
your oyster, you still need to carry it around.
MVP user stories and feature chosen
Student: 13 years old, frequent public transport user, regular oyster loser. “I
lose my oyster a lot. Well, I get really worried when I forget my oyster and I
don’t if I will be allowed on the bus. One time this happened and I was lucky
enough to have my amazing, kind friend Nicole with me to lend me a helping
hand. I feel having an oyster on my phone will benefit me immensely, I also
carry my phone wherever I go, I especially love the fact that there is a credit
balance, bus times and the fact that I can scan my phone and not worry about
having my oyster.”
[Data, content, technical]
• Does your app require data or content? Yes, it will require 3G
• Is the content owner happy to share it? Yes, private information can
be kept private under the users permission.
• Is there authorization required? Yes oyster details and credit details
if they want to see their balance and top up.
• Is your solution technically possible to build? Yes, it would as the
resources are widely available.
• Could a professional developer build it in less than 3 months? yes
• Can you find a simpler solution, using existing technology? There
are apps like this but none with a range of possibilities like this.
• Explain what business model you have chosen and why. We
plan to make this app for free at first and see how it goes and
if it goes well we plan to develop it into an even better app,
we may even charge.
• How many customer pledges did you get? 4
• Did you have to change your plans to find customers that are
willing to pay? No not really there were pleased and thought
it would be a great app.
• Posters, word of mouth, a video. These are simple as
they are easy to carry out, they are easy to reach people
and everyone will see them, these wont cost much at all.
[Anything else you want to share?]
• This slide is your chance to add more information about your
creative journey. Did you create a website? Show your work to
experts? Present at your school or at another contest? Did
you do local media work?