Since 2000, 52% of companies in the Fortune 500 have either gone bankrupt, been acquired or ceased to exist. These are challenging times for companies as the speed, volume and complexity of change intensify. Disruption can happen at any time, in any sector, and its effect on traditional organizations can be fundamental. This is why we chose to dedicate our seventh edition of the Digital Transformation Review to digital disruptions. How can organizations survive and thrive in the age of digital disruptions? We posed this very question to a panel of industry leaders, academics, startup founders, analysts and technology gurus from three different continents.
Working with our global panel, we have built a detailed picture of the digital disruption phenomenon, probing the key questions that organizations need answers to:
• How can we plan for the emergence of disruptors?
• Why are we seeing so many disruptions?
• How can organizations respond to disruption?
• What shape are these disruptions taking?
• Which startups are likely to emerge to disrupt sector value chains over the coming years?
We hope this edition of the Digital Transformation Review has helped increase understanding of the disruptive and challenging times we live in. Join the conversation on twitter #DTR7