This document presents the 2026 strategy of OSGeo as developed by the OSGeo Board of Directors in winter 2016.
The individuated vision, mission and values implemented in its guidelines together with the designed approach to define the 2016 tactics toward these goals are presented.
Code of Conduct
Open Source Ethics
Open source licenses
● provide resources for foundation projects;
● encourage interoperability with open and community
● ensure interoperability between the foundation projects;
● encourage a high degree of quality and innovation in
● enable communication and cooperation amongst OSGeo
● celebrate excellence, openness and service within the OSGeo
● foster the use of open source geospatial
● champion the use of open-source and
community participation through the
development of an open education curriculum
● be a welcoming and inclusive worldwide organization at all levels;
● champion community building through horizontal (local chapters) engagement
and through vertical (sector specific) agreements with like-minded organizations;
Collect activities ideas
A questionnaire will collect actions ideas from
the Charter Members so that it will be
possible to finalize the 2016 tactics
what would you like to achieve?
Improve visibility of committees and local chapters
how would you like to achieve it?
Redesign OSGeo website
Leverage logos for committees and local chapters
what tell us if it has been achieved?
Increase monthly visits to committee and local chapter pages
Means of verification
how to measure it?
Comparing web analytic logs of home page and sub pages
Assumptions and risks
is there a risk of failure?
Assumes volunteer (or website committee) interest.
Assume committees and local chapters have interesting content.
Risk of competing community priorities trying to put everything on home page.
what is the live cost to do it?
2'000 USD to hire a designer
Define the actions
* An example of action for SO1 It is time to showcase how great our
excellence in our
Foster global adoption of open geospatial technology by being an inclusive software foundation
devoted to an open philosophy and participatory community driven development
mission, vision and
extending our reach
Empower all with open source geospatial technology
Create the OSGeo Strategic Map 2016