1. Capitalize the first letter ofthe first word in a sentence. We walked along the path to the lake. Did you bring the camera? Tie the boat to the dock. The water is freezing!
Rule #1 bill left on the afternoon bus. do you recognize that girl? please go away. stop!
2. Capitalize the pronoun I. Should I call you later? I think I’ll call at six o’clock. Louis and I shall both call you. Oops, I just remembered…I’m grounded from the phone.
Rule #2 i don’t understand this assignment. May Susan and i work together? Mrs. Jones said, “i don’t think that’s a good idea.” But i’ll make sure we are quiet.
3. Capitalize the first letter of thefirst word in most lines of poetry. Roses are red, Violets are blue, Sugar is sweet, And I am too!
#3 there was a young lady named Rose who had a large wart on her nose. when she had it removed her appearance improved, but her glasses slipped down to her toes.
4. Capitalize the first word, thelast word, and all importantwords in any title. Do notcapitalize a, an, the, and, but, or,nor, or prepositons of four offewer letters unless they are thefirst or last word of a title.
The Little Prince Gone with the Wind “Happy Birthday” “Ghost of the Lagoon”
#4 lord of the rings “summer of fire” of mice and men a roman villa
5. Capitalize people’s namesand their initial(s). George W. Bush Cathy Melissa Thurmond Dr. Richard Smith T. J. Duckett
#5 chris tovani red riding hood john paul jones richard m. nixon
6. Capitalize days, months,holidays, and special days. Tuesday July Arbor Day Christmas Eve
7. Capitalize Mother, Dad, andother titles if you can insert theperson’s name Has Dad gone to the store? We all know that Uncle Duane tells crazy stories.But don’t capitalize when names or titles are used like:My dad has gone to the store.Our uncle tells crazy stories.
#7 aunt susan my grandma cousin fred your father
8. Capitalize names oforganizations. Boy Scouts of America American Red Cross North Atlantic Treaty Organization National Organization for Women
#8 kiwanis club national honor society organization of states welcome wagon club
9. Capitalize the names ofinstitutions. Boston College Berkmar High School Grady Hospital Fulton County Jail
#9university of georgiagwinnett medical centerberkmar middle schoolsmithson school of design
15. Capitalize the Romannumerals and the letters of thefirst major topics in an outline.Capitalize only the first word inan outline unless the words are aproper noun.
#15.I. Oceans and seas A. Major oceans B. Major seasII. Land forms A. Western hemisphere continents 1. North America 2. South America B. Eastern hemisphere continents
16. Capitalize the first word of a direct quotation. Do not capitalize the word following the quotation unless it is a proper noun. Harvey asked, “How old are you?” “I am ten,” sad Jodi. You look older,” Harvey said. Jodi replied, “Everyone says that.”
#16 mrs. logan said, “here is your test.” “how did I make a 56?” asked terry. “you missed a lot of question,” mrs. logan replied. my dad is going to ground me for the rest of my life,” cried terry.
17. Capitalize brand namesbut not the products. Ford van Mayfield ice cream Sony computer disc Bar S hot dogs
18. Capitalize religions, religiousdocuments, names of churches,and names for a supreme being. Christian (religion) Heavenly Father (reference to God) Talmud (writings of Jewish religion) Palmcroft Baptist Church
19. Capitalize a proper adjectivebut not the noun it modifies. A California beach A Payson music festival A Memorial Day parade An African nation
#19 greek god english muffin christmas vacation shakespearian theater
20. Capitalize the first world of agreeting and closing of a letter.My dearest friendSincerely yours
Capitalize directions when theyrefer to a region of a country orthe world Georgia is in the South. He lives in China which is also called the East. BUT…… Georgia is south of Tennessee.