Chuinti13 non material-resources_acs_filo_wilhelm_v3
new ways of
Sustainability of the non
material resources in
Provocation for the margins of
Peter ACS; Csilla FILO; Zoltan WILHELM
2013.11 Huelva (Spain)
• Exposition of the area
– What are the base questions the activity are
related with it.
• Soctira Research Institution
– Institutional answer for the needs
• Project preparation
– Call FP7-INFRASTRUCTURES-2013-2
Exposition of the area
• The sentence „the economic growth creates base
conditions, and allowing sustainability and
wellbeing” is a problematic sentence.
– The problem is not about what does in means, the
problem is what remains hidden by. It is less than half
of the truth.
1. Economic position does not entail wellbeing in
society level at all.
2. Better economic growth in presupposing equal
material conditions, always based on human
potential, creativity and well-being principles.
• Samuelson leads hes famous foundative
economic book* with the quote:
„It is not from the benevolence of the butcher,
the brewer, or the baker, that we can expect our
dinner, but from their regard to their own
Adam Smith (1776) The Wealth of Nations
Samuelson-Nordhaus (1998) Economics. Mcgraw-Hill, New
York 16. Ed.
Misunderstanding the notion of
• What does it means interest? To look at it a little
closer: What does it mean reala assets:
„This capacity is a function of the real assets of the
economy: the land, buildings, machines, and
knowledge that can be used to produce goods and
services.” Bodie-Kane-Marcus (2009) Investments.
McGraw-Hill, New York (Ch. 1.1) 8. Ed.
The drive (motivation), the social resource is
missing from the list.
Misunderstanding the notion of
• Interest is basically what the people want (mostly
cultural) or really need (mostly psychological) for their
happiness and well being. What they need is
researched many times:
– Positive filings, Absence of negative filings, Self-esteem,
Optimism, Resilience, Competence, Autonomy,
Engagement, Meaning and purpose, Supportive
relationship, Trust and belonging
– Mental capital of well-being: Foresight Annual Review
2008 p. 13
• These are the resources we also has to keep
sustainable. This is the mission of Intelligent Europe,
To keep sustainable the non material
Positive filings, Absence of negative
filings, Self-esteem, Optimism, Resilience,
Competence, Autonomy, Engagement,
Meaning and purpose, Supportive
relationship, Trust and belonging.
• To put spotlight on these resources, and best practices
saving and developing them is the mission of SOCTIRA
• This is the mission of Territorial Intelligente
• SOCTIRA is a nonprofit research organization
founded in 2011.
• SOCTIRA means:
Society Communication and Technology
Institute for Research and Action.
Call FP7- INFRASTRUCTURES-2013-2
• Across the work programme there has been a strong
focus on priority areas having a high European addedvalue, including support to other EU policies, and a
high potential impact.
• Support to standardisation (e.g. Support for the
Coherent Development of Research Policies and
Science in Society)
• EU research policy to develop an open and competitive
European Research Area(ERA), which is a core element
in the research and innovation agenda of the
Commission, as defined in the Innovation Union
Participant no. Participant organisation name
1 (Coordinator) SOCTIRA Nonprofit Ltd
Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences
Université de Franhe - Comté
Université de Liège
Poznan University of Economics