Dauphin Regional Comp
slides posted to
• Applied Math 20S, 30S , 40S Curriculum
Development Committee –
90’s and 00’s
• Author – Addison Wesley Applied Math
• Pilot teacher
• Teacher Applied Math 40S for many years
What is it? online tutor and tracking system
Features for Teachers
MathXL for School provides teachers with a rich and flexible set of course
materials, along with coursemanagement tools that make it easy to deliver all or a
portion of your course online.
Powerful Formative Assessment Tool:
• quizzes and tests
• prebuilt quizzes or create their own.
• results form the creation of an individual student study plan
Powerful homework and test manager:
Create, import, and manage online homework assignments, quizzes, and tests
Create assignments from online exercises correlated to your textbook,
Create your own customized exercises.
Homework exercises include guided solutions and sample problems
Wide range of assignment options, including time limits, proctoring, and maximum
number of attempts allowed.
Comprehensive gradebook tracking:
• automatically tracks your students' results on tests, homework, and tutorials,
• exported to a spreadsheet program,
• provides a number of views of student data
• flexibility to weight assignments, select which attempts to include when calculating
scores, and omit or delete results for individual assignments.
Features for Students
MathXL for School provides students with a personalized
interactive learning environment, where they can learn at their own
pace and measure their progress.
Interactive tutorial exercises:
• Correlated to the exercises in the textbook,
• Regenerate algorithmically to give students unlimited opportunity for practice
• Most exercises are freeresponse
• Exercises include guided solutions, sample problems, and learning aids for
• Feedback when students enter incorrect answers.
Multimedia Learning Aids:
• Selected tutorial and homework exercises link directly to multimedia resources,
• From any homework or practice exercise, students can link to the online pages of the
textbook for the section they're working in.
Study plan for selfpaced learning: MathXL for School's study plan helps students monitor their own progress, letting them see at a
glance exactly which topics they need to practice. MathXL for School generates a personalized study plan for each student based on his or
her test results, and the study plan links directly to interactive, tutorial exercises for topics the student hasn't yet mastered. Students can
regenerate these exercises with new values for unlimited practice. These exercises include guided solutions and multimedia learning aids to
give students the extra help they need.