Certified Financial Planner, Retirement Coach
Brian@SovereignWealth.ca 905-637-3500 x 223
1. “Values” in our Journey of Life and $$
• Where are you today?
• Looking forward:
• What is most important to you . . . ?
• Why? What would it mean for you to get . . . ?
• Who else is part of this picture for you - now & future?
• Video fast-forward: where are you in 2, 10, 25 years?
• Any gaps? … what needs to happen?
Finding the next steps
in life’s journey
to achieve your
4. RRSP – personal &/or group
• Growing like picture in #3
• Tax-refund (taxed in later years)
• Strategies for 4%, 6%, 8% ... (risks of less/more)
• Your Goals: home? learning? retirement? All 3?
• Where you may already have savings …
• Adding further strength for the years ahead …
5. What is the real truth about “Risk”?
• Risk of losing your money
• Risk of not growing your money
• Risk of being unable to buy a future
• No money for life-changing emergencies
• What events can arise that you will need money?
• Is money trapped, inaccessible, when you need it?
7. Know your insurances . . .
• Critical Illness Insurance pays when you are diagnosed with an illness
(doesn’t matter if/where you’re working or earning an income.
• Disability insurance pays when accident or illness
steals your income (how much? and when?)
• Life insurance: no pulse it pays.
• Next page compare and save money (instead of “mortgage insurance”)
* Also see at youtube: REVERSE LOTTERY -- “pays when life sucks”
Mortgage insurance Life insurance
• Usually pays rest of mortgage
• Medical questions after death
• Good until mortgage renews
• Price jumps, 5 years or sooner
• Terminates without notice
• No value for retirement
• Often costs 2x – 4x more
• Always pays full value of contract
• Medical confirmed when signing
• Secure to age 75 or for life
• Option: 10, 20, or permanent
• Continues as long as you pay
• Optional values for retirement
• May cost ½ – saving $ for other needs
Story of Jenn and John, Pam and Peter
8. Overcoming Debts
Pat has a debt monster
• $3000 cards at 29%
• 24% income tax cost before tax is 38%
• $5000 cards at 19%
• 24% income tax cost before tax is 25%
• $8000 cards at 11%
• 24% income tax cost before tax is 15%
• $14,000 credit line 4%
• 24% income tax cost before tax is 5.25%
• Monthly $272. Earning $358 pre-tax
but the monster is still breathing!
DESTROY THE MONSTER:
• Pay 29% first, then 19%, etc.
• Eliminate high % debts first; keep going.
• Faster to combine all at 4%
• Monthly $100 (pre-tax $132)
and paying $272 reduces
debt > $2000 per year.
12* Savings in life insurance, slide 11, can now also fast-track your debt-freedom.
• $750 Billion to $1 Trillion may reach the next generation.
• Family bequests may often range $100K to $300,000.
• But seniors are living longer – health costs accelerating.
• You may inherit a “bill” … parents depending on children.
• Inheriting wealth is really about “family values”.
• See SlideShare.net: “Inheriting Wealth & How Not to Lose It”
10. Avoiding the GAP . . .
• Running out of money is a massive threat in senior years.
• What would you trade while working, so you will never run out of $$ ?
• Think of life as a video … a movie: what will you put in your future?
• Goals: travel, friends, leisure, learning, purpose
• Fears: lonely, bored, no interests
• What choices can you make?
• When is best to make choices?
• Who else matters in this?
• How is your money?
11. A safer road to lasting wealth *
• Investing leads us to “Life Income Mandates”, suggesting that
70% to 100% of life-based investment income focus on:
• Global & Canadian Dividends
• Global/Cdn Real Estate income (four types)
• Global/Cdn Infrastructure income (types)
• Global/Cdn Govt & Corporate bonds (cautiously)
* Assumes effective life/health insurances
12. Choosing an advisor . . .
• Certified, trusted, reputable team, unbiased guidance.
• Gives a Certified Financial Plan – “fee or free”(included)
• Personal goals, overcoming “gaps”, securing your desired destination.
• Managing the journey: reducing risks on your pathway to success.
• Dangers you want to avoid; overcoming
obstacles; capturing your strengths/interests.
• Making money work for you,
fitting it to your desired lifestyle.
• “Video” your lifestyle and future horizons.
• Ongoing confidence to age 55, 75, 95+
• Your words: “comfort, peace, happiness …”
* Over time, working with a certified advisor is shown to boost results 150% to 300%.
FREE DOWNLOAD FOR NEXT TWO DAYS:
Q&A. Getting value you want.
Saving on insurances, investments.
Debt freedom. Financial Planning,
Wills/POAs. Inter-generational wealth.
Download and save now; review often to
increase your financial confidence and success.
Let me know please: is this helpful for you?
Brian Weatherdon, MA, CFP, CLU, CPCA, CRC.
Certified Financial Planner, Certified Retirement Coach.
For a no-obligation consultation on your personal questions
or needs reach me freely at: Brian@SovereignWealth.ca
905-637-3500 x 223. 1 877 937-3500 x 223
Sovereign Wealth Management
627 Guelph Line, Burlington Ontario.
We are an advisory firm specializing to protect life, loved ones, and financial
resources. This presentation is not a recommendation or offer or specific
products or services, whether paid or unpaid, but offers general ideas and
concepts to discuss and confirm with your financial and tax professionals.