Do you know thedifference betweena porpoise and adolphin?
1. What two animals are we reading about:a. Turtles and Ducksb. Turtles and Porpoisesc. Dolphins and Ducksd. Dolphins and Porpoises
Both can be found inoceans all over the world,and both are in the samefamily of animals, whichincludes 40 other species.These ocean animals looksimilar, but they are verydifferent types ofcreatures.
2. How many differenttypes of creatures are in thesame family as dolphins andPorpoises? a. Twenty b. Thirty c. Forty d. Ten
Porpoises have rounded heads and short noses. They do not grow longer than 6 feet in length and weigh less than 300 pounds. The teeth of porpoises are blunt and do not have sharp points like the teeth of dolphins. Porpoises travel in small groups of 2 to 4.3. List five traits of Porpoises.
1. Round heads2. Short noses3. Less than 6 feet long4. Less than 300 pounds5. Blunt teeth6. Travel in small groups of 2 to 4
Dolphins are much larger andhave a more elongated shape thanporpoises. Dolphins grow between 6feet and 26 feet in length and weighbetween 70 and 1500 pounds. Theyhave sharp teeth and long noses.Dolphins travel in sizeable groups,called pods, with 2 to more than 100members.4. List five traits of Dolphins.
1. Long noses2. Between 6 and 26 feet long3. Between 70 and 1500 pounds4. Sharp teeth5. Travel in large “pods” from 2 to 100
Most commonly seen off thecoast of North Carolina is thebottlenose dolphin. North Carolina U.A.E.
This smallerdolphin generallyswims close tothe shore ingroups of 2 to 12.The bottlenosedolphin is lightcolored on thebelly and darkcolored on theback.
These logos show that aproduct did not hurtdolphins.
6. Look at the logos below anddraw your own logo showingthat a product is dolphin safe.
7.What is a pod of dolphins? A group dolphins. of dolphins. Fin of a dolphin. A single porpoise. Teeth of a porpoise.
8. In this passage, the word blunt means what?Jagged.Pointy.Rounded.Shrill.
9. How are dolphins different from porpoises? Dolphins are not as long as porpoises. Their teeth are more blunt than those of porpoises. They travel in larger groups than porpoises. Dolphins weigh less than porpoises.
10.On a scale between 1 and 10 with 1 being low and 10 being how well did you like this passage?I liked it. I did not like it.12 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10