Tips for Creating a
• This information that appears here
was taken from the input you supplied
when you opened a Quest Garden
• You can only change it by opening a
The information you enter about your
topic does not appear on any page in
the webquest. It is only to help you
get started thinking.
Title & Description
• This information will appear on the
home page of your quest.
• It should be a very brief description of
what level student the quest is
designed for and what it consists of.
• The audience for this information is
other teachers who may want to use or
modify your quest.
• The information will appear when a
participant clicks on Teacher page and
then chooses Standards.
• Choose only the one or two standards
that your quest is designed to meet.
• Write out the wording of the standard.
New York State Learning Standards for 28 Subjects
New York State Language Arts Standards with Key Ideas
TESOL PreK-12 Standards
Langages Other than English (Foreign Language) Standards
• The information you enter will appear on
Teacher page under Learners.
• The description should be a very brief
description of what level (grade or age) the
quest is designed for.
• Describe any special needs of learners the
quests is designed for such as language
proficiency level or other conditions.
• This section simply specifies the final
product such as a written report, oral report,
Power Point presentation, skit, etc.
• The task description should be about one
paragraph in length.
• It should be written in the second person
and in language accessible to your targeted
• Address the students directly.
• Use Del.icio.us to keep track of links as you
develop this section.
• Intersperse relevant online resources within
the steps in the process.
• Assigning different roles is a good
• Provide scaffolding by using checklists or